DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Barometer Disconnected

Bassil89

Reactions
Hello,

I have had my Mavic air for about a year and a half. It’s never been in a crash and I have always taken great care of it. I recently updated it but didn’t try and fly it for a week later. I then went to the beach and tried to take off but as soon as I turned on the drone I got an error message saying BAROMETER ERROR. PLEASE RESTART DRONE. I restarted it countless times with no success. I then contacted dji and they said to try to update the IMU. I attempted to do so but it would go past step 3. I was then told to send in the drone.

After sending it in, I got a reply from DJI saying I must replace the core board for a charge of 350 dollars. I don’t understand why or how the core board went out and how that’s my responsibility. I’ve done everything in my power to take of my drone and the board breaks on its on and they want me to pay for it.

I haven’t modified the drone or done anything to it’s. It’s fully stock. When I try to get some answers from DJI the only thing they reply with is that it’s out of warranty. It seems as though that’s the only words they have in their vocabulary.

Does anybody have an idea on what I should do? Anything will help

Hello,

I have had my Mavic air for about a year and a half. It’s never been in a crash and I have always taken great care of it. I recently updated it but didn’t try and fly it for a week later. I then went to the beach and tried to take off but as soon as I turned on the drone I got an error message saying BAROMETER ERROR. PLEASE RESTART DRONE. I restarted it countless times with no success. I then contacted dji and they said to try to update the IMU. I attempted to do so but it would go past step 3. I was then told to send in the drone.

After sending it in, I got a reply from DJI saying I must replace the core board for a charge of 350 dollars. I don’t understand why or how the core board went out and how that’s my responsibility. I’ve done everything in my power to take of my drone and the board breaks on its on and they want me to pay for it.

I haven’t modified the drone or done anything to it’s. It’s fully stock. When I try to get some answers from DJI the only thing they reply with is that it’s out of warranty. It seems as though that’s the only words they have in their vocabulary.

Does anybody have an idea on what I should do? Anything will help
Yes - Pay the 350 dollars and get your UAV back working again!

If you purchased a TV and it had a years warranty and after a year and a half a processing board went wrong and Sony (or whoever) said "It will cost 350 dollars to replace the board). Would you complain and say
"Oh but I've treated the TV very carefully and it's never fallen off its stand and I have only watched it a couple of hours a day"?

No.....It's out of warranty, things go wrong - that's life.

Last edited:
It worked before the update but not after. It would have been interesting if you could have rolled-back the update before sending it in. I don't know if a corrupted file could cause a barometer error but it is all software driven.

But then again, things work until they stop working.

Reactions: Bill combs

If you purchased a TV and it had a years warranty and after a year and a half a processing board went wrong and Sony (or whoever) said "It will cost 350 dollars to replace the board). Wood you complain and say
"Oh but I've treated the TV very carefully and it's never fallen off its stand and I have only watched it a couple of hours a day"?

The problem is not just that “things go wrong”. It’s the time line. Yeah of course if I got a TV that broke in a year and a half I would complain especially if I’m paying top dollar for a quality product. I buy from DJI cause they are supposed to be a quality drone company.

Apple has taken better care of me in this regard. My iPhone was out of warranty and they changed it twice on two separate occasions for

If you purchased a TV and it had a years warranty and after a year and a half a processing board went wrong and Sony (or whoever) said "It will cost 350 dollars to replace the board). Would you complain and say

Okay, then I’ll just buy a new one and add DJI Care to it. I don’t want to risk it breaking again when it inevitably does.

Thanks

It worked before the update but not after. It would have been interesting if you could have rolled-back the update before sending it in. I don't know if a corrupted file could cause a barometer error but it is all software driven.

But then again, things work until they stop working.
The problem was that it wouldn’t even let me roll back the update. It would just freeze after I tried. I would plug it in to my computer, see the option to roll back and after I clicked it, it would just lock up. Thanks for the suggestion

Reactions: Bill combs
The problem was that it wouldn’t even let me roll back the update. It would just freeze after I tried. I would plug it in to my computer, see the option to roll back and after I clicked it, it would just lock up. Thanks for the suggestion
thats rough to have that happen,i have several dji drones and have had little issues except for a battery housing crack and dji told me to go pound sand

I figured I post an update on my situation. After careful consideration I decided to pay the 300 to repair the drone. I did and promptly received the drone. It looked brand new with stickers and all. I even decided to get the warranty for an additional 89 bucks since I didn’t want to go through this situation again. HOWEVER, THE DRONE THEY SENT ME DID NOT WORK. I set it up and after connecting it to my controller/phone there was no transmission feed. I was getting error messages . Thought it just needed to update but even that didn’t help. I was connected but there was no transmission feed. I restarted several times but nothing would work. I contacted them again and asked for a new drone for my inconvenience, but they said that was impossible. So I sent in the drone and now I play the waiting game, once again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser