DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries discharging question

Sprocket

Reactions
How much heat is created if your batteries start automatically discharging after a period of time of non use while stored in a hard case? Is it anything to be concerned about? Thanks in advance.

I had a experienced 1 time not using my charged batteries and started it's auto discharge.
I definitely felt the warmth of it, but for sure it's that thing to keep in mind.
If you're not comfortable leaving it in the HSC, for safety, place all your batteries in a cool (not cold) dry place away from any combustible materials and children.

In my experience they're barely warm to the touch, to the point of not being noticeable.

How much heat is created if your batteries start automatically discharging after a period of time of non use while stored in a hard case? Is it anything to be concerned about? Thanks in advance.
Actually they do get noticeably warm. I have mine set to auto discharge after 5 days. Nothing of concern I would say, less warm then when in use so all should be perfectly ok, I keep mine though in a battery bag to be very safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mth0d