DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries only at 57% battery...

Steelrumor

Reactions
Went to take my ME2 out for a quick flight this afternoon and realized the battery was at only 58%. So I took it out and stuck another in just to find out it was at the same level...

I have all three of my batteries “self heating ones that come with the ME2” in the docking station charger from DJI. Now I do leave them in there... is this a no no I wasn’t aware of? They appear to be charging now...

Went to take my ME2 out for a quick flight this afternoon and realized the battery was at only 58%. So I took it out and stuck another in just to find out it was at the same level...

I have all three of my batteries “self heating ones that come with the ME2” in the docking station charger from DJI. Now I do leave them in there... is this a no no I wasn’t aware of? They appear to be charging now...
not quite sure what you are getting at the batteries self discharge after a set no of days to prevent them being damaged by being left fully charged you only charge them up when they are going to be used why did you expect them to be fully charged

In keeping with what old man mavic said . . . batteries are best stored charged to about 50%. Leaving batteries fully charged stresses them, so they are programmed to start self discharging after a set number of days, ten was common but newer programming default is 5 days.

So, leaving them in a charging dock is not a good idea. Charging them the day of planned use or the day before is what I normally do.

I don't think leaving them in the dock matters much. Charging completely stops once fully charged and won't start charging until charge power is removed and returned.

I suggest fully reading the users manual.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost