DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries won’t charge past 85%

whiskeybc

Reactions
Hi, got the fly more combo a few weeks ago and charged up all my batteries using the hub but the 4th light was still blinking on all of them and when I take them out to fly they’re all at 85%. I’ve tried charging them one by one using the charger and the result is the same.

I thought maybe the hub was the issue as I’ve read of people having issues when charging for the first time so I bought a 4th battery tonight and charged it with just the charger and yet again it won’t go higher than 85%.

I guess the charger must be defective? I’m wondering if a new charger would fix the problem or if all those batteries and permanently stuck in this state and I’ll have to send the whole lot in to DJI?

Done plenty of googling but I haven’t managed to find anyone with this problem.

Any ideas?

I’ve tried multiple times, anywhere from 2 - 6 hours.
Charging them all on the hub on first charge wasn't good Idea even though DJI said they fixed that. But if you have charged your 4th battery single charge and it reports the same, you have your answer. Contact DJI with your issue and have them send you a new charger.

In the interim, you could pick a battery and fly close in to drain it down to about 30% and try and single charge it again, if it charges to same state all points to charger...do you have a VOM/Multi-Meter to check output of your charger?

As you now have 4 batteries and the stock charger is $30 anyway...you might just want to get you one of these and be done with it if DJI will credit you for the charger (Worth a Shot:p): https://www.amazon.com/Hanatora-Con...ocphy=9010649&hvtargid=pla-945168932151&psc=1 2 day Prime and you will be flying for a great charger you probably want anyway..DJI isn't going to be near as quick to address the issue :)

Last edited:
I would definitely get a hold of DJI tech support.

Reactions: Thomas B
Not being a true techie by any means it does sound to me like it's the charger as everyone else has said. It could, however, be the drone itself either misreading or misreporting the information. 1 thing you can try if you want is to fly in Normal mode in as controlled an environment as you can down to zero( you shouldn't ever really go to zero but just this once give it a go) and write down what your flight time is. When the battery has cooled try recharging it again and see what the AC reports to your controller to see if things have 'reset'. With no wind at reasonable temps going low and slow like a brisket you will get, on paper, 34 minutes of flight time. Real world is probably more like 22 to 28 but for testing I did the full to zero trip once and got 24,27,28 and 31 minutes across my 4 batteries. It was about the most boring 2 hours of my life. Real life flying in Sport and saving some 'gas in the tank' for safety I usually get anywhere from 18-25 with wind and temp being the 2 variables effecting me the most. Though an expensive way of narrowing down issues your decision to get a 4th battery was actually good. You replaced 1 unknown variable with something else entirely. The chances of your standalone 4th battery being from the same manufacturing batch and with the same firmware are pretty slim. I've heard that even in the Fly More combos you aren't guaranteed them to be the same run and firmware but now you've pretty much ruled out it being the battery. And you now have another half hour to fly!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato