DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Awareness - Fellow pilots take note!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMTremblay

Reactions
There has been much discussion about batteries. I recommend everyone reading this article at least 2x so that you many absorb all the fine details.

Every DJI battery will eventually swell. There is a grater chance that the battery will swell during discharge than charging, due to the fact that the battery is being depleted in 20 to 25 min due to the very high current draw.
The DJI product when swelling occurs will push the battery upward and most likely will cause intermittent electrical contact. I now use a plastic tiewrap to attach my battery to firmly provide electrical contact and yes several of my batteries show slight signs of swelling. I read a post on issues with the mounting clips which I have also experienced. It appears that the inherent design of the housing and mounting system leads to flight reliability issues as the batteries age, even with low flight cycles. Someday a lawyer may have his/her drone experience with this problem and a class action law suite may arise so I take pictures and photocopy the battery labels for my records.

thank you for your contribution to this subject if you use the search facility you will find many many similar posts

Reactions: Thomas B
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851