DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery bricked after attempted update....

delray

Reactions
While attempting to update about a month ago I got the dreaded double blinking light error on my battery during update along with the message that the battery was below 50%. I left the battery for a few weeks while I was unavailable to fly. During this period the battery completely discharged and became swollen on the bottom. A conversation with DJI support proved useless. Not only did they ask me the same questions multiple times and wasted about an hour with people who don't understand English but in the end they said since we are past 6 months I am out of luck. Since the failure was caused directly by required software update I find this remarkably poor customer service. Based on others experiences I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

You solve your problem? Ihave same issue. I charge brick battery for few hours, plug it in mavic and connect it to pc. And update firmware. Update firmware only with full charged batterys. During update mavic restarts few times, your batteru can go below 50% and it fail update.

No solution except buy a new battery. If you are under 6 months then DJI might send you a new one if you are willing to repeat yourself 80 times or so to a Chinese customer support agent who likely will not understand your language.

No solution except buy a new battery. If you are under 6 months then DJI might send you a new one if you are willing to repeat yourself 80 times or so to a Chinese customer support agent who likely will not understand your language.
No, double blink battery can be repaired. I did it by myself

Yes it can sometimes...as long as you catch it before it discharges completely. Unfortunately I left mine 2 weeks and it got swollen and died.

While attempting to update about a month ago I got the dreaded double blinking light error on my battery during update along with the message that the battery was below 50%. I left the battery for a few weeks while I was unavailable to fly. During this period the battery completely discharged and became swollen on the bottom. A conversation with DJI support proved useless. Not only did they ask me the same questions multiple times and wasted about an hour with people who don't understand English but in the end they said since we are past 6 months I am out of luck. Since the failure was caused directly by required software update I find this remarkably poor customer service. Based on others experiences I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
If your battery has swollen, you should discard it immediately!

How can you say that the problem was DJIs issue with software update.
You yourself said that it popped up saying battery below 50% and then you left it.
First in DJIs instruction for updating it explicitly says MAKE SURE BATTERY IS WELL ABOVE 50%. You clearly failed that point. Second when it failed to update due to less than 50% you then left battery to self discharge to flatt instead of putting on charge. This then took cells below minimum voltage causing swelling.
The fault lies entirely with you Sir.

For anyone else reading this thread.
Please if doing any updates on Mavic or Batteries, please, please make sure you fully charge your Mavic, controller and all Batteries first before starting any updates and save yourself a huge headache.

Last edited:
Reactions: in_novikov
@Dragonfly...because the battery was 100% charged. Fresh, and fully working. Then with the update failed repeatedly and said the battery was below 50%. I guess it is possible the battery spontaneously corrupted itself at that very moment...but highly doubtful.

BTW, if this is still not clear enough...battery error message was on battery that was at 100% charged state at the start. There was/is no way to charge a battery that is doing the dual blinking center light thing until it successfully updates. It would not successfully update and then got the below 50% message. I am not the first to experience this.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll