DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery cell error message

Ddjmrql

Reactions
After updating MM firmware to version 0300, I received a battery cell error. This is a brand new battery from the fly more combo. Prior to this update, this battery is working fine. Any help or insight is appreciated. I e-mailed DJI support for a replacement for a defective battery. Waiting for their response. What could have cause this?

Attachments

• F06B262C-7122-41E6-AA69-7817B19B820B.png
    F06B262C-7122-41E6-AA69-7817B19B820B.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Tap the little batteyr icon and post screenshot - what are the voltages of each individual cell?

Reactions: zeusfl
Here is the screen shot

Attachments

• F21D8C99-54D4-47E4-8DE3-ADA5254D7DD7.jpeg
    F21D8C99-54D4-47E4-8DE3-ADA5254D7DD7.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 158
I searched the DJIforum and looks like alot of people who updated the firmware has the same battery cell error number 30074.

Reactions: bebbe
Often brown ... and that lack of porfesionality that of DJI not to prove, previously, such a failure ... Fear gives me when a new update appears ... Unheard of.

Fear! That’s it! So easy to do and usually impossible to undo. They should have to give us the option to return to the previous firmware. We should have the right !

You can roll back the drone firmware... But even if you could roll back the battery firmware, that's not going to help a bricked battery that doesn't show up at all.

I am a little confused with this? To me this picture shows a battery that is 44° not flying. So it is very busy doing something or maybe many things. If other batteries do the same - I would probably point 1 finger to the firmware! If other batteries don’t reproduce this affect, probably some shorting in the battery - DISCHARGE IMMEDIATELY and contact DJI.

Maybe that's the issue: AC is detecting high temperature when it shouldn't be that hot under the circumstances.

On the other hand, having the AC sit on the ground for a long time powered on will get them hot though. There's no fan on the Mini. Flight time will show 0 since there's no flight yet.

If the situation was as DanMan32 discribes above, it could be! I have seen this. AC without a fan, powered on setting. After about 3 or 4 minutes the chip for a 4K camera, biggest chip on the main board, reached 80° and the AC powered down. Probably why the Mini doesn’t have 4K. I wonder if the battery temperature is internal or external. If the source of the heat was the main board it could radiate to the battery giving such an error - yes the battery is hot but not the source of the heat??? I remember seeing a Mini battery post that mentioned an external temperature sensor.
Did you try a different battery to see if you could reproduce similar results with everything the same except for the battery?

I tried different batteries and no issues at all. Only the battery in question that is inside the MM during the firmware update. Thus, bricked the battery. DJI support cannot diagnose the issue, instead they shipped me a replacement battery.

Good. I’m glad you got that resolved. Post when the battery replacement arrives. :)
How many minutes was your MM setting to do the update?

I tried different batteries and no issues at all. Only the battery in question that is inside the MM during the firmware update. Thus, bricked the battery. DJI support cannot diagnose the issue, instead they shipped me a replacement battery.
They didn’t try.... new battery is cheaper.

Reactions: Ddjmrql
I just updated mine and have tried all 3 batteries after the update and they all work fine maybe it was just a bad battery you had

Just updated to the latest firmware on my Mavic Mini and on restarting the drone immediately received the bad cell error. I’ve switched batteries and it’s definitely just the battery that was in the drone during the update.

• Wow
Reactions: Ddjmrql
Here is the status update of my battery cell error from DJI:

Attachments

• ADE79BCF-AAB3-4456-B906-E976C3331282.jpeg
    ADE79BCF-AAB3-4456-B906-E976C3331282.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 80
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads