DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery cell problem?? I don't think so.

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
On a number of flights flying my Mavic 2 Zoom, I see this in AirData:

1612120395020.png

I have seen this many times but AirData says that this is great!!
I just added a MRP to my collection, along with a different battery set. On my first flight, I get the attached report. Different drone, different battery. Whenever I see this, it's always cell #4 and always nearly the same value. Any thoughts?

Here is a frequency distribution of cell deviations on my M2P. The battery is relatively new and has great active capacity compared to design. I have found that most new/good batteries have at least one cell that stands out different than the rest. In this example, Cell 1 is the deviant, but does not warrant the battery as being bad because the voltage deviation amount is low.
Ditto @StantonZ.
Cell Deviation.png
Battery capacity.png

Now here is an MPP battery that is at the point where I do not trust it, so I only use it for low ground flights (< 6 feet) and powering my RC amplifiers. It's not puffing, but the active capacity is getting low. Notice how the voltage deviations have shifted to the higher values. New batteries are usually in the 0 - 0.05 range. In this case, Cell 2 is the bad actor. Also, note the large drop in capacity sometime back, from which it did not recover. That's when cell 2 was damaged, probably back when I did not know how to properly treat a Lipo battery. I recall recharging it out in the field while it was still hot from the previous flight. I know better now.
MPP Bad Bat.png
MPP Bad Bat 2.png

Last edited:
I have flown a Mavic 2 pro with three different batteries for over a year. Cell 4 on all the batteries looks exactly like yours. This has been a stable finding for over a year and in one with over 55 recharges!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000