DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery cell voltage deviations on cell 3

Maviac

Reactions
My question is about a Mavic Air, but I’m posting here because my question should have general applicability (though I know the M2 uses 4 cells).

Looking at Airdata info, cell 3 always has far more minor deviations reported, while 1and 2 have virtually none. There are usually in the neighborhood of 50/minute, at the edge of the green zone, and occasionally into the yellow zone on the Airdata meter. I’ve been unable to find any flights going into the red, and only a couple of major deviations, always only 1 per flight.

Is this a cause for concern or is it expected behavior? I have 4 batteries; 3 have about 25 charges each, while another has 15. I have compared the newer battery to the older ones and there doesn’t appear to be a discernible difference in variations - still between 40-60 across all batteries. I’ve also used stock and both versions of the Master Airscrew Stealth props, and again the results appear to be consistent, going back to my flights when it was new in January.

Thanks!

Is this a cause for concern or is it expected behavior?
SOme minor deviations are normal.
Airdata is probably scaring you unnecessarily.
Use Phantomhelp log viewer to get a better idea of what the deviations really are.

SOme minor deviations are normal.
Airdata is probably scaring you unnecessarily.
Use Phantomhelp log viewer to get a better idea of what the deviations really are.
Thanks! To be fair Airdata said it was no cause for concern, I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t something wrong resulting in virtually all deviations to be in cell 3, and to be about 40-50x the ones in 1and 2.

Thanks! To be fair Airdata said it was no cause for concern, I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t something wrong resulting in virtually all deviations to be in cell 3, and to be about 40-50x the ones in 1and 2.
I’m curious now that it’s been over a year since your post, what if anything has happened with those batteries. I have an air 2 with 3 charges on each battery, and I’m having the exact same issue. Cell one and two read zero deviation, and cell three is always 20-40.

I’m curious now that it’s been over a year since your post, what if anything has happened with those batteries. I have an air 2 with 3 charges on each battery, and I’m having the exact same issue. Cell one and two read zero deviation, and cell three is always 20-40.
If the deviations are small, that's all that matters.

All batteries are still working fine, about 40 charges each later. I got a M2P so I’m not flying the air as much but I do take it up every month or so.

Reactions: Seabee23
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ