DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery charge and usage challenge

bartjes

Reactions
Hello people,

I've been listening in, reading posts and giving answers to some uptil now as I have a little challenge at hand.
My mom invited me to come with her (as her personal guide) to Iceland and boy do I feel bad about that ... NOT !

It will be my 3rd time in Iceland and for my mom her first time. We booked the 8-day Laugarvegur trail with mountainhuts on our way.
There is probably no powersocket available for (fully) charging the Mavic batteries (PLEASE correct me if I am wrong)
I bought the Mavic Pro fly more combo package early 2017 and of the 3 battaries there is one unbalanced to the extent the drone won't fly on it. I will bring it anyway as powerbank with the USB extension brick. The other 2 batteries are still working, but give less flight time than original and that's why I bought a brand new battery.
I can charge all 4 fully and setup 10 days discharge time before we embark on our hiking adventure but I am a bit puzzled how to best use the batteries since when I use them mostly at the start of the tour, they will be depleted for some 7 more days which is not ideal for lifetime. A better approach can be to exchange batteries for the fullest one after every flight, saving my newest battery for last for optimal lifetime of that one.
I can charge the Mavic controller using a power bank but any ideas about Mavic battery handling would be welcome.

So why is Iceland so special ? Judge for yourself:

Our epic roadtrip of 2017 in a 1972 Citroën DS:

A special about the Svinafelljökull glacier:

Another year, another holiday to ... Iceland:

And finally my favorite spot on this planet: Landmannalaugar where the Laugarvegur trail starts:

Reactions: Stallion2724
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929