DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery charge

SkyWings

Reactions
I have only flown my MM a couple times and not enough to have the batteries get too low, winds have been too strong to fly, but a thought came to my mind...since I have 3 batteries to enable me to fly longer, approximately how long will the charge in the remote controller last? I don't want the controller battery to go out and lose the mini.

2,600-mAh battery in the controller is good enough for 4½ hours of use with an iOS device, or just 1 hour and 40 minutes with an Android phone. That big difference is due to the controller charging your Android device while the two are connected.

Reactions: ff22 and Thomas B
I've regularly been able to fly all 3 batteries twice on one charge for the controller while using my Android phone(S20+). I think that's because the drone won't let me run the batteries all the way to 0% since it performs RTH when it gets low. I'm ok with that though, I'd rather leave a little juice in the battery as opposed to having it come down partway back to me. It would be nice though if there were a way to turn off the charging of the Android phone though.

mikeg

It also depends if you fly to the maximum battery duration in your drone. If, like me, you use, let say 50% on your first flight, 75% on your second flight, and again 75% on your 3rd flight, you should be fine, and maybe realise you can fly one more time on your first battery with what is left in your remote control. It doesn't have to be a 95% fly every time.

approximately how long will the charge in the remote controller last? I don't want the controller battery to go out and lose the mini.
When planning and and checking all settings properly, a controller failure does not mean that you lose your MM. When settings are correct, it should perform an emergency signal-loss RTH. Having said that, the best planning is to never get into that situation by carefully monitoring battery levels (both in controller and craft) throughout all flights.

Thank you for all the replies, it's comforting to know there are so many helpful people on this forum for those of us just beginning this fun adventure.

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121