DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery damage. Should I send it for replacement?

HomeBod

Reactions
I had a water incident, where the drone seems to be okay, but the battery was damaged. I have two other batteries, so not the end of the world.
My question is about the DJI one year refresh that I have.
In the details for the insurance it says that replacement will cost 49 euros.
A new battery costs 55 euros.
Is the 49 euro replacement fee only to replace a drone, or is that to replace a battery as well?
I don't want to use up one of my two replacements for the year on just a battery.
The details from DJI seem to be ambiguous.
Has anyone encountered this situation, where they have just sent back a battery? Is there a replacement fee?
thanks

It didn't exactly sink, it fell into shallow water right beside me, and I grabbed it out immediately. But yes, I take your point. I will be flying carefully for the next while.

I don't want to use up one of my two replacements for the year on just a battery.
The details from DJI seem to be ambiguous.
Has anyone encountered this situation, where they have just sent back a battery? Is there a replacement fee?

Good question about the battery more or less fatal loss.
I've never seen this come up on the forum.

Even if you sent the battery in and could get a replacement battery slightly less than normal, it isn't worth it.
Like having a car accident with $1000 excess (deductible) and the repairs would only be $1100 anyway, better off paying out of pocket.

I'd be asking them for a Care Refresh on the drone and battery, tell them it went into water, you think it got wet inside, can they check the drone for water ingress.
(It MIGHT be a good idea to carefully take a cover off and see for yourself IF water did get inside, if not, just go buy a replacement battery.)

If a wet drone is sent back to DJI for repair assessment, they won't repair it . . . they know it could lead to further problems down the track.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone