DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Error Code 30068: Battery Installed Incorrectly

Kyle76

Reactions
As mentioned in another thread, I put all three batteries for my new MA2 in the charging hub initially before reading about problems associated with using the hub for the initial charge. One charged completely, one charged partially and one did not start charging before I removed all the batteries and charged the second and third one individually. Now, I am getting a battery error as listed in the thread title for each of the three batteries. What now?

Reactions: Davyc
You will probably get a dozen different answers from a dozen different people
Ask dji via customer support

Good luck

Reactions: Thomas B
I spoke briefly with DJI tech support and decided to just return to Best Buy and exchange for a new unit. I'm charging the first battery by itself, along with the controller.

I’ve gotten the same error message a couple of times. Removed the battery and reinserted it. No further issues.

See post #9 of this thread

See post #9 of this thread

Can you tell which pin he’s talking about?

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I thought this was related to the charging issue because I put all three batteries in the hub for the initial charge.

You will probably get a dozen different answers from a dozen different people
Ask dji via customer support

Good luck
You'll probably get a dozen different answers from DJI Customer Support, too! Most will just tell you to send it in, as they really have no clue either!

Reactions: hiflyer201
The clips on each side of the battery make a contact which is sensed from the AC

See the stripes on the photo, where the clips make a contact
Screenshot_20200823-182743_Gallery.png

You can test it. Just put a small piece of isolating tape over any clip of your battery and you'll get the error message.

If you get troubles with this error I propose to carefully bend the clips of the battery a few tenth of a mm outwards in order to get a good contact with the stripes.

This is obviously a measure against swelling batteries, because the contact will not be made if the battery swells too much and the battery is pressed outwards.

Hth

I have had the same trouble but just as I was going to send it to the recycling bin. I found a forum that simply said “Slap the Battery Home”. Sure enough the battery worked and the flight restrictions were lifted.
I’m assuming that the side buttons have to make contact with the copper contact just under the release buttons on the sides of the Mavic Air 2s’ battery compartment.
I have had little trouble since, as long as I don’t get lazy and just put the battery in with a click. It should make a slapping click sound if you do it right. Nothing to harm the drone or battery, just a quick firm slip to home. To firmly seat the battery and force the side clips on the drone to make contact the buttons contacts on the battery.
Hope this helps other frustrated pilots. Drone Ranger clear for now.....

You'll probably get a dozen different answers from DJI Customer Support, too! Most will just tell you to send it in, as they really have no clue either!
But if you do as they say and something goes wrong they have to accept responsibility
If Joe blogs on here says do something and it fries the drone you have a paperweight

I have had the same trouble but just as I was going to send it to the recycling bin. I found a forum that simply said “Slap the Battery Home”. Sure enough the battery worked and the flight restrictions were lifted.
I’m assuming that the side buttons have to make contact with the copper contact just under the release buttons on the sides of the Mavic Air 2s’ battery compartment.
I have had little trouble since, as long as I don’t get lazy and just put the battery in with a click. It should make a slapping click sound if you do it right. Nothing to harm the drone or battery, just a quick firm slip to home. To firmly seat the battery and force the side clips on the drone to make contact the buttons contacts on the battery.
Hope this helps other frustrated pilots. Drone Ranger clear for now.....

The clips on each side of the battery make a contact which is sensed from the AC

View attachment 111338

You can test it. Just put a small piece of isolating tape over any clip of your battery and you'll get the error message.

If you get troubles with this error I propose to carefully bend the clips of the battery a few tenth of a mm outwards in order to get a good contact with the stripes.

This is obviously a measure against swelling batteries, because the contact will not be made if the battery swells too much and the battery is pressed outwards.

Hth

From what I understood this system was designed to stop drones falling from the sky if the batteries became dislodged in flight. Though I find it frustrating when it happens before a flight, one more thing to fuss with on preflight. Stubborn clips sensing. My batteries have no swell are perfect it every way dimensionally.
The catch in the drone is my suspect in the matter. But with quick seating of the battery. I have had no other problems.
Though in the back of my mind is the wonder. I know the battery is clipped in good. I can’t pull it back off. Thought if I unclip on of the buttons trying, I get the error message and have to start all over again and reboot the drone. My thought is that I fly over the water in Southeast Alaska as 85% of my flight time. Any body know if the clips have solved the drones falling from the sky?
I mean if you have to fuss with the installation of the batteries by FERMLY seating home the battery in the drone.
What says that a turbulent flight in gusting wind might mess with the drone’s contact pressure and it sense a loose contact in flight? Even though the battery is locked in the drone.
Will it still fly, return to home, or stop and hover till the battery runs out, or just fall from the sky.
This I don’t have an inclination about and would love some advice about. I don’t need to fall out of the air and hit the boom boat operator or fall on to a Commercial Salmon Trolling Vessel or a Seiner or their net, or for that matter their skiff men.
Advice from the Wise MavicPilots is very welcome to help put my mind at ease. Right now I’m flying with the getter back recovery devices two on each drone. And a set of those foam pontoons.
For those wondering it does cost 3-5 minutes of normal flight time and is more strain on the drone then I like in heavy wind. I have flown in in 30 knot winds gusting to 40 knots. It surprisingly held its ground without the floats on but I had to make an emergency detoured (land from home), not (return to home) to remove the floats as they were just to much wind resistance to hold in such winds. Otherwise I love using them at all other times especially on dry land as it keeps the drone off the ground and clear of most propeller hazards. (With in reason). Anyway Drone Ranger done drowning on about things....... Two all good day and I look forward to your thoughts and opinions.....Drone Ranger clear for now.....

Last edited:
Interesting. Yesterday I started up a new MA2, immediately had to upgrade the firmware. Using DSL, the d/l speed was only 5-600 K. It finished correctly, taking quite a while, then I immediately took it outside to fly.

I got the msg "battery not installed correctly". Removed battery and reinserted (yes, firmly) a couple times. No joy, and drone red lights were yelling.

The drone and battery were very hot. Came back inside 30 minutes to let them cool down, then went back out and tried again. No problem, started up and flew without any more MISLEADING msgs.

I must add that this seems to be a great drone (I also have the MA1 and other drones), camera and gimbal are outstanding engineering achievements.

What says that a turbulent flight in gusting wind might mess with the drone’s contact pressure and it sense a loose contact in flight? Even though the battery is locked in the drone.
Will it still fly, return to home, or stop and hover till the battery runs out, or just fall from the sky.

The drone will continue to fly as long as the battery is passing power to the drone, you'll just get a warning message on the screen if the clips detect that the battery might not be seated firmly.

View attachment 111338

Hth

Ranger One here. I have made 33 flights with my brand new Mavic Air 2 and had only a couple of install messages that firmly seating the battery seamed to help.....
Till now....One by one each battery my last outing failed to work. All they will say is installation error. Check to see in your batteries are installed correctly. Air craft will not fly.
I found if I push down and aft with the drone pointed straight up, the battery makes contact and says ready to fly all is correct, till I level out and the message comes back.
I have measured the battery with a straight edge to check for swelling and have none. All detentions check out. This has happened to all three batteries from my fly more combo.
Do you think it’s the batteries or the drone? I can’t believe an drone costing $800 would be warn out in 33 flights. Flight time of around 20 minutes and returning to home at the standard 20 percent level. It’s strange to land with 12 minutes flight time left but that is better for the batteries and the drones ability to get back home safely.
It was said about the contacts to tweak them but that didn’t change my issues any. Was wounding if you have any ideas. Sorry for the length of this. But my drone is down and I don’t know if I have to buy new batteries or send my drone back.
Any ideas?......Drone Ranger (Ranger One) clear for now.....

Last edited:
Ranger One here. I have made 33 flights with my brand new Mavic Air 2 and had only a couple of install messages that firmly seating the battery seamed to help.....
Till now....One by one each battery my last outing failed to work. All they will say is installation error. Check to see in your batteries are installed correctly. Air craft will not fly.
I found if I push down and aft with the drone pointed straight up, the battery makes contact and says ready to fly all is correct, till I level out and the message comes back.
I have measured the battery with a straight edge to check for swelling and have none. All detentions check out. This has happened to all three batteries from my fly more combo.
Do you think it’s the batteries or the drone? I can’t believe an drone costing $800 would be warn out in 33 flights. Flight time of around 20 minutes and returning to home at the standard 20 percent level. It’s strange to land with 12 minutes flight time left but that is better for the batteries and the drones ability to get back home safely.
It was said about the contacts to tweak them but that didn’t change my issues any. Was wounding if you have any ideas. Sorry for the length of this. But my drone is down and I don’t know if I have to buy new batteries or send my drone back.
Any ideas?......Drone Ranger (Ranger One) clear for now.....
If you get the same error with all batteries i guess the problem is located at the contacts of the AC.
Propose to clean with isopropyl alcohol and check for any damage or dent.
If in doubt i would send the AC back

If you get the same error with all batteries i guess the problem is located at the contacts of the AC.
Propose to clean with isopropyl alcohol and check for any damage or dent.
If in doubt i would send the AC back
I uploaded a video to YouTube. Sorry about the video quality can't figure out the reason for it. My iPhone 10xs shot clear video but try as I might to find a setting on YouTude to max resolution, I failed to find....link:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98