DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery error, low voltage on one cell

Alex Baxter

Reactions
I've just had a Battery Error come up prior to a flight with a freshly charged battery with 9 charges on it. Voltages are 4.17, 4.33 and 4.33 volts. Used DJI mains charger and car charger only. Just got in touch with DJI technical support, and awaiting for their response..

Reactions: Squamer
@Alex Baxter I just yesterday was having the same issue while out at a shoot. I have 3 batteries, all new within the last week, and one is showing "Low Voltage" although at full charge. Can anybody help here or should we just contact DJI and send the battery back? Thanks!

Attachments

• DJI_0079.JPG
    DJI_0079.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 49
@Alex Baxter I just yesterday was having the same issue while out at a shoot. I have 3 batteries, all new within the last week, and one is showing "Low Voltage" although at full charge. Can anybody help here or should we just contact DJI and send the battery back? Thanks!
Sounds like a bad battery, nothing to do except contact DJI or the retailer where you got it for a replacement.

Reactions: Phillynate
Whats the weather like??
Are you guys keeping the battery in your pants on cold days??
Try discharging the battery by flying it till it force lands. Then do a full charge. This is recommended every 20 cycles.

Whats the weather like??
Are you guys keeping the battery in your pants on cold days??
Try discharging the battery by flying it till it force lands. Then do a full charge. This is recommended every 20 cycles.
Hi Mako79
It's not the cold, that would affect all cells equally, I have a low voltage in one cell (ie unbalanced cells) The software will not allow me to fly with the battery in this condition, At DJI advice I've discharged the battery fully (leave the Mavic switched on until it switched itself off (about 3 hours on the kitchen table...) and then recharged it. The error still exists. At DJI request I've sent screen dumps of error messages and battery conditions .
The 'deep cycle' recommendation every 20 cycles has been dropped by DJI, it's no longer a requirement to do this.

Attachments

• IMG_20161215_214551.jpg
    IMG_20161215_214551.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20161215-214209.png
    Screenshot_20161215-214209.png
    955.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20161215-214651.png
    Screenshot_20161215-214651.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Hi Mako79
It's not the cold, that would affect all cells equally, I have a low voltage in one cell (ie unbalanced cells) The software will not allow me to fly with the battery in this condition, At DJI advice I've discharged the battery fully (leave the Mavic switched on until it switched itself off (about 3 hours on the kitchen table...) and then recharged it. The error still exists. At DJI request I've sent screen dumps of error messages and battery conditions .
The 'deep cycle' recommendation every 20 cycles has been dropped by DJI, it's no longer a requirement to do this.

Thats massive variance.
Send back.

Thats massive variance.
Send back.
Tell me about it.....
DJI 'need' the screen dumps despite my giving them all the information, trust issues maybe? I would have hoped they'd say, 'discharge fully, recharge, then if it's still faulty we'll replace it', but no, I've got to jump through hoops...

Still jumping through hoops, just filled in a form with all the information they already have, 'proof of purchase' what's that about? They know from my email address, my home address, and the serial number of the Mavic, plus I ordered it direct from them. It really would be good if they produced a generic form with 'please fill this in, attach screen dumps/pictures and return to us' rather than this tiresome back and forth.
Ah well, we'll get there in the end I don't doubt, they've pretty much bled all conceivable information out of me..

As I said, we'll get there in the end, it went off to Holland, they've checked it, repaired it (maybe replaced?) and will send it back FOC, I'm expecting it tomorrow. Good for you, DJI. Now the Dutch repair centre needs to have closer links to DJI in Shenzhen, so I don't need this proof of purchase BS. Still, I'm happy enough with the end result.

As I said, we'll get there in the end, it went off to Holland, they've checked it, repaired it (maybe replaced?) and will send it back FOC, I'm expecting it tomorrow. Good for you, DJI. Now the Dutch repair centre needs to have closer links to DJI in Shenzhen, so I don't need this proof of purchase BS. Still, I'm happy enough with the end result.
Did you receive a new battery?

I did, I certainly did not get the one I sent back..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MavicPilots mobile app
Hi, I had the same issue. Did DJI replaced your unbalanced battery or after the fully discharge/charge process it came back to life?

How "old" was the battery since the problem had (first flight) in months? I ask that because mine had 17 flights but after 8 months DJI is refusing to change my faulty battery.

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98