DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery error mid-air

jakub

Reactions
I was flying today my Mav and got something like "battery error: over-current" for about a second and it disappeared. I was flying in sport mode with full throttle - is that because of it? Aircraft did not behave in any concerning way but I'm pretty nervous now. Last thing I need is Mavic falling from the sky.
Battery is new, 3rd cycle.

today:
16kph / 10mph wind
-5*C / 23*F

I was flying today my Mav and got something like "battery error: over-current" for about a second and it disappeared. I was flying in sport mode with full throttle - is that because of it? Aircraft did not behave in any concerning way but I'm pretty nervous now. Last thing I need is Mavic falling from the sky.

today:
16kph / 10mph wind
-5*C / 23*F

Hard to say for certain what caused it without seeing the aircraft DAT file but, since that is the highest power configuration, it is quite possible that the high pitch angle briefly resulted in the motors drawing more current than the warning value. I've seen that before in logs.

Did you by chance change any settings, like vertical speed? Only time I've seen that error on "my friends" mavic was playing around with speed settings etc though iam sure it can happen in a default setting hence they have limit settings for warnings.

Did you by chance change any settings, like vertical speed? Only time I've seen that error on "my friends" mavic was playing around with speed settings etc though iam sure it can happen in a default setting hence they have limit settings for warnings.
No, to be frank, I don't even know how to do that

Reactions: BrAinZ
Well hello Frank :)

I have recently read another post where the same error was presented and it was also referring to Sport mode and descending while turning. If one of the motors is heavily compensating for the decrease in altitude and banking turn then there is the possibility that it could have pulled more current than usual.

I would monitor this behavior and see if it is repeatable. If it is then you may have an issue. If its not then I would just continue to fly.

Reactions: jakub
Well hello Frank :)

I have recently read another post where the same error was presented and it was also referring to Sport mode and descending while turning. If one of the motors is heavily compensating for the decrease in altitude and banking turn then there is the possibility that it could have pulled more current than usual.

I would monitor this behavior and see if it is repeatable. If it is then you may have an issue. If its not then I would just continue to fly.
Great, thank you!

Do you start your flight with full battery or about half + - ?.?it happen to me every time wen I left half battery one day for next day....but wen full charge no problems ......

Do you start your flight with full battery or about half + - ?.?it happen to me every time wen I left half battery one day for next day....but wen full charge no problems ......
full charge, always

Happens on mine all the time. I guess it is not a biggie... Just give it a time to put itself back and avoid going full throttle up and forward in sports mode or normal mode.

Reactions: jakub
Happens to me with full throttle/pitch. I’m sure that low temps play a part as I don’t remember getting it when it was warmer.

today:
16kph / 10mph wind
-5*C / 23*F

I posted the same thing recently. I noticed when it’s cold and I go both sticks full forward in sport mode for more than a few second this happens. Once you let off, it disappears.

I posted the same thing recently. I noticed when it’s cold and I go both sticks full forward in sport mode for more than a few second this happens. Once you let off, it disappears.
Yes, exactly same issue. So I guess it's noting to worry about, then!

Yep, flat-out, both sticks --- has happened to me once as I recall, can't remember the flying conditions. I backed off and it went away. Haven't been able to reproduce it since, but I do try to avoid "thrashing the s***" out of my drone as a result.

B7ED20C7-94F8-465E-91EB-D3E30A175E30.png
Yes, exactly same issue. So I guess it's noting to worry about, then!

Happened to me again yesterday.

today:
16kph / 10mph wind
-5*C / 23*F

Happened to me again. This is what the message says.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair