DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery error: off balance

bartjes

Reactions
I just fully charged my Mavic battery, LEDs were off and it took some time to get it off the charger into the drone. Power on and I got battery error. It complains one cell is broken. Voltages: 4,22; 4,05; 4,22 volt so the middle one is out of balance.
Manufactured in Oct 2017 and charged 25 times.
The drone refuses to fly. After leaving it on for a while: 4,11;3,95;4,10 volt.

Does the DJI charger balance charge the battery ?
If not, is there a way to balance charge it or are there aftermarket chargers suited for this ?
Is there a way to revive by for instance drain it to under 30 % and then fully charge it again ?
Is this battery a write-off ?

Battery is not worthy of flight anymore. It can be used to top off your controller, phone, or display out in the field though.
I’ve had this happen to one of my batteries that had 14 charges. No rhyme or reason either because I have 5 batteries that I cycle through the exact same way and the others are good.
I’ve drained it down, charged it up, and no change.

7 months into a 6 month warranty [emoji35]

Reactions: Former Member
Ok, I had it discharged to 5%, cool down and put it in the charger now again to check if that improves the situation...

Battery is not worthy of flight anymore. It can be used to top off your controller, phone, or display out in the field though.
I’ve had this happen to one of my batteries that had 14 charges. No rhyme or reason either because I have 5 batteries that I cycle through the exact same way and the others are good.
I’ve drained it down, charged it up, and no change.

7 months into a 6 month warranty [emoji35]

The way to charge your devices in the field is to use a DJI Mavic battery charging hub, which will accept the battery, and then you plug your USB 2.0 deices in on the other side.

I used this adapter for the crap battery... do I still need something else?

227e8d130a4af3fd246f8955c6d58d57.jpg

Reactions: bartjes
Turn on the battery as if it were in the drone.

Best regards,

Your friendly (lonely) Maytag repairman
I also have the usb brick but never used it before. This sounds like the best use and that if charging a phone.
Fully charged it is still off balance to the extent that the Mavic complains about it and refuses to takeoff...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy