DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery error

Andrejs

Reactions
Today got Battery error message when I turned on Mavic.
I turn off RC and Mavic, put out battery and turned on again and got same error.
After that I uninstalled DJI go app (Android) and installed back again.
After that error message dissappear.
I take short flight (in sport mode as well) and didn't got any error message during flight.
So what it was I didn't know. Will look forward.

P.S. I didn't had possibility to put other battery because I had only one with me. So I didn't know would there be same error with other battery

I've gotten random battery error warnings with mine, but in every instance, they just go away. I'm not sure if it's something serious, but there's non follow-up in the app or any other direction given as to what to do. I've gotten it probably four times or so in the past two months.

Any time You see a battery error, you should check your battery stats and see if there is a deviance in cell voltages. I do this by practice as it is one of the pre flight checks. It could indicate a future problem with the battery. If you continue to see the error, I would look into sending it to DJI for a exchange if within the warranty period.

Any time You see a battery error, you should check your battery stats and see if there is a deviance in cell voltages. I do this by practice as it is one of the pre flight checks. It could indicate a future problem with the battery. If you continue to see the error, I would look into sending it to DJI for a exchange if within the warranty period.
Thank you, I will do like you say next time.

Reactions: Drone Master
I get the same error but then it disappears. I have one cell that has a variance of .04 from the rest of the cells. wondering if this is something to worry about. I've only charged this 2 twice

I received the battery error also. I tried another battery and had the same result. I unplugged my phone and the Mavic started up with no problem. I restarted my phone and the issue went away.

Sent from my SM-N920V using MavicPilots mobile app

I often get a battery error after I push it in sport mode and fly fast for about 30 seconds. I also noticed this only happens when it's cold. (close to 0°C)

Apparently battery errors can have SERIOUS consequenses in certain situations.

Very strange! I have Fly More Combo and never had any battery error with any of my three batteries. But the voltage drop between cells should warn of imminent problem. I use HealthyDrones and I monitor all my flight values after every flight day - I like it, because it tells me when it is good to perform specific service to a battery or bird. I believe, that basic self service of each battery should prevent many problems as internal electronics keeps calibrated with cells (basic service by HealthyDrones means, that every 20 charges or 20 flights you fly and drain battery to 25%, then wait to cool down and slowly drain to 8% on the ground and fully charge). Hope this helps, batteries are smart in some way, but still only batteries and too much of intelligence should help kick the bird down :-(

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Batteries are critical. Just ask GoPro and Samsung. At least his craft didn't just drop from the sky. It was an uncontrollable auto land in a bad area. There's a video of a P4 doing the same thing in warm weather.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The video above, Apparently, after many emails back and forth DJI decided the battery error was their fault and they are replacing his Mavic. good for him.

Reactions: ksull72487
Very strange! I have Fly More Combo and never had any battery error with any of my three batteries. But the voltage drop between cells should warn of imminent problem. I use HealthyDrones and I monitor all my flight values after every flight day - I like it, because it tells me when it is good to perform specific service to a battery or bird. I believe, that basic self service of each battery should prevent many problems as internal electronics keeps calibrated with cells (basic service by HealthyDrones means, that every 20 charges or 20 flights you fly and drain battery to 25%, then wait to cool down and slowly drain to 8% on the ground and fully charge). Hope this helps, batteries are smart in some way, but still only batteries and too much of intelligence should help kick the bird down :-(

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Very good info. I have said that before drain it and cool it. The battery recalibrate but by doing it the way he said above is you force the recalibration. Also DJI should allow maneuverability on descent. Overload should allow forced altitude increase etc. i know on the below 10% warning I can force it up again. Not good for the battery but saves the drone. I'm sure they fixed this or will be.

It's DJIs fault since he wasn't able to maneuver the drone back to safety. Obviously it should of been trying to land but a forced left stick up should of allowed it to gain altitude and let him get out of the situation. Firmware solves this.

More than likely is the drone auto lands when you receive this error regardless but more stick input allows you to control it or get it to a safe landing zone. Just like on a critical battery. That was their intent with the coding I'm sure.

The Mavic was replaced since their intent was to allow some user input.

I also use HD Sync and Healthy Drones. It's not 100% but it breaks a lot down for you. It's a good tool to interpret are the logs.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Had my Mavic Pro fly more bundle two days and just had a battery error, the two middle lights were continuously illuminated and couldn't be turned off, even after removing the battery from the Mavic, I tried a second battery and the same thing, then a message popped up in the DJI Go 4 app saying "firmware incompatibility" I did the update and no more error also the lights all went out, I had to do this with the second battery and now all is good again.
In case you wonder, yes I did do the firmware upgrade when I first received my Mavic, I guess all batteries need to be updated for some reason as the battery that was in the Mavic when I first updated the unit did not give the battery error.

Last edited:
This is correct. The latest .800 firmware also includes a battery update. The two middle lights on solid indicate the battery is updating and will return to normal once completed. When you install another battery you will get the mismatch error, click ok and will update that battery within a minute or so then good to go.

It sounds like you have a defective battery. I had the same issue. Went back to Geek Squad and they swapped out my battery for a new one. Told me the cell(s) were or are bad. Manufacturer defect I guess? I have 3 batteries in my rotation and no problems so far.

I assigned C2 on the controller to display battery status, as a shortcut, my time spent flying with 2000mAh LiPos as the assorted balancing with charging, I wanted to understand more about the batteries and how to extend their life. So I check often.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka