DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Features and Management

quister

Reactions
I'm sure this has been covered in the past but I couldn't find any links. I've had my new Mavic Pro for about two months now and I'm flying regularly and learning the systems. I see that on one of the DJI GO 4 screens is a battery management/info area with three squares representing batteries A, B and C I suppose. Those squares hold no information and I'm wondering how to employ them and use them for managing my batteries. I've also read on a forum about the feature to program a battery for storage. This is all new to me and would appreciate some more info or links to learn more about these batteries and how to best manage them.

I'm sure this has been covered in the past but I couldn't find any links. I've had my new Mavic Pro for about two months now and I'm flying regularly and learning the systems. I see that on one of the DJI GO 4 screens is a battery management/info area with three squares representing batteries A, B and C I suppose. Those squares hold no information and I'm wondering how to employ them and use them for managing my batteries. I've also read on a forum about the feature to program a battery for storage. This is all new to me and would appreciate some more info or links to learn more about these batteries and how to best manage them.
The DJI Go screen is showing you the cells in the [single] battery that is currently fitted to & powering your Mavic Pro. The Mavic Pro batteries are multi-cell, and that screen is useful if you have a battery problem, as it can indicate a faulty cell in the battery, and can also show you when an older battery is not holding as much charge as you'd expect it to.

Thanks, you guys. I already have the full manual printed out and assembled in a nice binder...the little mirco booklet that comes with the unit is pretty useless, huh? I reference my manual regularly. And I have the PDF on my computer. In the manual, the intelligent battery section is only four pages and mainly just covers charging and battery care. On the list of battery functions (page 28), #11 is "Communication". I guess I'd like more detailed info about that. I don't seem to be able to access the information on the three box screen representing the cells. Although I am getting the AC's battery strength bars on the flight screen and the "low battery" voice prompt and vibration from my RC when the battery gets to a certain discharge point, so the battery and AC are obviously talking. I have also read where people report the number of charge cycles on a battery and I have no idea how to do that. There also seems to be a way to designate individual batteries in ones inventory to keep track of their age and health and I don't know how to do that either. For now I use a Sharpie marker dot system on my batteries just to be able to differentiate them. Maybe I'm thinking there is more info to glean than there actually is. That's why I thought I'd bounce this off you guys on forum.

Reactions: Cammac
Thanks, you guys. I already have the full manual printed out and assembled in a nice binder...the little mirco booklet that comes with the unit is pretty useless, huh? I reference my manual regularly. And I have the PDF on my computer. In the manual, the intelligent battery section is only four pages and mainly just covers charging and battery care. On the list of battery functions (page 28), #11 is "Communication". I guess I'd like more detailed info about that. I don't seem to be able to access the information on the three box screen representing the cells. Although I am getting the AC's battery strength bars on the flight screen and the "low battery" voice prompt and vibration from my RC when the battery gets to a certain discharge point, so the battery and AC are obviously talking. I have also read where people report the number of charge cycles on a battery and I have no idea how to do that. There also seems to be a way to designate individual batteries in ones inventory to keep track of their age and health and I don't know how to do that either. For now I use a Sharpie marker dot system on my batteries just to be able to differentiate them. Maybe I'm thinking there is more info to glean than there actually is. That's why I thought I'd bounce this off you guys on forum.
I had some of the same questions. Sorry I don't have a screen shot to demonstrate, but the battery charge cycles is displayed in the DJI app, under the battery section (where you see the charge level of the 3 cells). It may have been under another section, like advanced.
As for differentiating the batteries, I just labeled them. Some use sharpie, others use stick on labels.
There may be 3rd party software that can dig out more info on the batteries, but this is all I have found so far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54