DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Firmware Updates

Torflyer

Reactions
I have not received a prompt yet to update my battery firmware, and I have had my Mini 2 for a few months.
When I check for the number of times the battery has been charged, it says 1.
What am I doing wrong.

I have not received a prompt yet to update my battery firmware, and I have had my Mini 2 for a few months.
When I check for the number of times the battery has been charged, it says 1.
What am I doing wrong.

They charge count doesn’t increase if you’re only doing short flights between recharging. I don’t remember the exact % you need to drop to but someone on the forum will be able to advise.

I’ve charged my batteries far more often than the cycle count indicates but I’m usually just doing 5-10 minute flights for photos.

I had a similar experience. One of my batteries never prompted a firmware update. Checking the battery info is often the last thing I do before powering down the a/c (looking for wild temps/volts). I number my batts to keep track and this one has always said 1 charge. Then today without any new firmware updates to battery or a/c or app (last update many flights ago), it randomly showed charged 12 times. Go figure...

Like ThomasB said, they'll prompt an update if it's a problem. So, aside from this one quirk I've not had any other issues or concerns.

Don't sweat it and keep on flying!

Reactions: Thomas B
1 cycle = the batteries capacity!

If you fly your drone 15 short flights on one charge or multiple charges, you still only used one cycle off the batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest