DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery hibernation after the purchase

MGVision

Reactions
I havent use my mavic 3 classic not even once after the purchase cuz it is winter time and i am wondering if i should put my battery out of hibernation state and charge it or it can stay at this state if i have no intent to fly with my drone at this moment?

Last edited:
When was the battery manufactured? The production date is on the barcode label on the package. For example 2022/9 is september this year.
According to DJI it is best to leave it in hibernation if you do not intend to use it anytime soon.

Reactions: MGVision
Good day all. I just ordered the Mavic 3 Classic with the Fly more kit. I'm aware the batteries will all be in hibernation upon arrival so my question is, when first bringing them out of hibernation on their first charge, should this be done individually with the wired USB C cord from the DJI charger connected to the aircraft or will the 3 port charging hub be fine for the first charges from hibernation?

Good day all. I just ordered the Mavic 3 Classic with the Fly more kit. I'm aware the batteries will all be in hibernation upon arrival so my question is, when first bringing them out of hibernation on their first charge, should this be done individually with the wired USB C cord from the DJI charger connected to the aircraft or will the 3 port charging hub be fine for the first charges from hibernation?
I believe I have answered this question. Based on further reading in here, and my knowledge of how charging hubs work with DJI batteries, I don’t believe using the 3 port charging hub to activate new batteries is a good idea. It analyzes each battery's charge level first and the charges the batteries in the order of highest charge level to lowest. I'm not sure how that will work with batteries in hibernation. Active batteries will be fine as they can be read properly by the hub. My plan is to activate and fully charge each battery individually in the aircraft with the 65 watt USB wired connection from the DJI charger to be sure of proper activation.

I believe I have answered this question. Based on further reading in here, and my knowledge of how charging hubs work with DJI batteries, I don’t believe using the 3 port charging hub to activate new batteries is a good idea. It analyzes each battery's charge level first and the charges the batteries in the order of highest charge level to lowest. I'm not sure how that will work with batteries in hibernation. Active batteries will be fine as they can be read properly by the hub. My plan is to activate and fully charge each battery individually in the aircraft with the 65 watt USB wired connection from the DJI charger to be sure of proper activation.
Since you have 3 batteries, try it both ways. It certainly doesn't harm them to try and charge any of them on the hub first. It either charges them or it doesn't. My understanding is that the Mavic 3 batteries don't require individual charging off the hub. That was only a issue with certain other model batteries.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I charged all 3 with the charger. But remember when you finally do a firmware update you will need to put EACH battery in the drone to get the complete update. If you only update one battery you risk being unable to fly do to the firmware issue on that battery.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I charged all 3 with the charger. But remember when you finally do a firmware update you will need to put EACH battery in the drone to get the complete update. If you only update one battery you risk being unable to fly do to the firmware issue on that battery.
Thank you and Noted. The P3 batteries work the same way. But if all 3 can be placed on the hub for the initial charge with no issues I will do that first along with remote at the same time. Then check and update each battery.

If you only update one battery you risk being unable to fly due to the firmware issue on that battery.
That's incorrect. FW mismatches on batteries have never been a bar to flying, and can safely be ignored. Update them if you will, but there is no risk to flying if you don't.

I have been charging my new mavic 3 classic battery that came with my mavic 3 classic today. I am using the 65 watt charger. It has been maybe 4 hours and nothing. The nc1 is up and ready. Fully charged. Am I missing something?

I have been charging my new mavic 3 classic battery that came with my mavic 3 classic today. I am using the 65 watt charger. It has been maybe 4 hours and nothing. The nc1 is up and ready. Fully charged. Am I missing something?
Likely using the wrong USB C cable from the 65W charger. You have to use the thin hardwired USB C cable with an orange interior. That's the only 65W one. The other thicker one is only for the RC, and is much lower powered. It will take about 10+ hours using it, instead of 90 minutes!

The charger has the wire attached. It has the orange marking. If this is too get it more power quicker, why not use my apple laptop charger that is at least 100.

The charger has the wire attached. It has the orange marking. If this is too get it more power quicker, why not use my apple laptop charger that is at least 100.
That's the correct one then. When disconnected from the charger, how many solid and how many blinking green LED lights are displayed on the battery when you tap and release the power button?

In that case, the battery may still be in hibernation mode from the factory, or completely dead. Verify that the charger is actually working by trying to charge something else, so you know it is properly plugged in and the cable is good. Try also using the other USB C cable attached to the charger to see if that at least starts the charging process, regardless of the speed. This is not normal behavior. It should automatically wake up out of hibernation mode when properly connected to the charger, and the charging lights should start blinking green.

Are you charging with the battery inside the drone or using a hub? If using a hub, put the battery inside the drone and try charging it that way.

Inside the drone. If new battery not coming today when I call them the whole thing will go back to Amazon. Likely faster that way.

I talked to DJI and they confirmed it was likely bad battery. Said lights should start flashing with in a few minutes. So I ordered a new battery from Amazon. It was here next day. Plugged it in and lights came on a few minutes later. Good. New/bad battery goes back. Amazon and DJI said I needed to send everything back. Well I proved that wrong!🤣🤣🤣

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun