DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery in permanent sleep mode, how long dormant

keat63

Reactions
My Brother has a MP1, which he doesn't use.
I bought one a year ago, so we got talking.

'Oh I don't use mine, i'm not even sure where it is, probably in a cupboard somewhere' he says.

' I suggest you dig it out and at least charge the battery beforte it goes in to deep sleep mode', I replied.

This was 12 months ago.

Last night I just happened to ask if he did ever get around to charging the batteries....... he says not.
So I said that I'd imagine they'll be in deep sleep now and unrecoverable.
Bearing in mind he told me 12 months ago that he hasn't used it for ages, I could well imagine that they've been laid dormant for a few years.

So this morning, he calls to tell me that both the batteries charged.

How long do they really have to be dormant to die ?

Bearing in mind he told me 12 months ago that he hasn't used it for ages, I could well imagine that they've been laid dormant for a few years.

I bet it varies with a lot of factors, even really cold winters, hot summers will have some effect, so where it's stored.

Say the batteries dropped to 55% or so SOC after the usual 10 days or so, they then lose a small amount of charge very slowly . . . not sure how long it takes to get to say no leds lighting up on pressing the power button, but it could be 12, 18, 24 months ?
Even then, you can bring them back, but usually it takes a special process, charging with the cord end on each individual single battery, not the hub, leave them on overnight to 24 hrs, even if they don't appear to charge immediately as they usually do.

Think he was lucky, but interesting to see how the Go4 app reads battery health, cell balances, and how they perform in flight time etc.
Tell him to keep a careful eye on them for any overheating and / or swelling for a cycle or three.

My Brother has a MP1, which he doesn't use.
I bought one a year ago, so we got talking.

'Oh I don't use mine, i'm not even sure where it is, probably in a cupboard somewhere' he says.

' I suggest you dig it out and at least charge the battery beforte it goes in to deep sleep mode', I replied.

This was 12 months ago.

Last night I just happened to ask if he did ever get around to charging the batteries....... he says not.
So I said that I'd imagine they'll be in deep sleep now and unrecoverable.

I just got my brothers pro same deal as your speaking of and all is good six batteries working great good luck I have had M1,s for awhile and never heard sleep mode I,ve only had bad mode and toss

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22