DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Installation Error Message / Air 2s

Mr Mint

Reactions
For some reason I am getting a "battery installation error message" on my cell phone display when I make a landing. Then I receive a message that I cannot take off due to a battery installation problem. I shut off the power to the drone and I check to make sure that the battery is properly seated inside the drone. There appears to be no problem with the installation of the battery. I am now able to take off again but when I come in for a landing again I receive the message "Battery installation error message" I keep getting this same message with all three of my batteries. I don't want to fly if I keep getting this message.. I also notice that on an occasional basis the controller beeps at me with no message on the cell phone screen when I am about 200 feet in the air and flying at the normal speed position. Any ideas as to why I am getting this battery installation message when there appears to be nothing wrong with the way the battery is seated inside the drone. Any comment would be appreciated Thanks Mr Mint

It may be similar to a post I read a while back that may have to do with the metal clips on the side of the battery not having continuity in the safety circuit of the aircraft and giving the error.

Post in thread 'Battery’s installation error' Battery’s installation error.

If the battery seems fine through the app as far as time and power, and you know you clicked the battery in the drone upon installation, that may be the reason for the error.

Also inspect the contacts of the battery and the drone to insure none of the pins appear to be bent or broken that could have a continuity issue as well.

I have inspected the contacts on all batteries and as well as the side contacts in the inside battery cavity of the drone and everything appears to be normal. I wonder if I use a cleaning solution on the drone sidewall contacts such as using a Qtip with alcohol to clean the contacts, Is this a good idea or should I try something else. Thanks Mr Mint

I use contact clearner and slap it in again and it helps me.
image.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
I see the can of D D Electronic cleaner in the previous posting. I have never heard of this particular brand of cleaner. Do you spray it on the battery contacts only or do you spray the metal contacts in the battery cavity of the drone or both? Any further comments would be appreciated. Thanks

I see the can of D D Electronic cleaner in the previous posting. I have never heard of this particular brand of cleaner. Do you spray it on the battery contacts only or do you spray the metal contacts in the battery cavity of the drone or both? Any further comments would be appreciated. Thanks
It is CRC plastic safe electrical contact cleaner. I prefer to apply it to a swab and wipe it on the area to be cleaned. Jus a habit from 25 years of being an electrician/electronics tech.

After reviewing the postings regarding the battery error message, I decided to bend the contacts that are located on each side of the battery. Problem solved. The error message went away the drone is back to normal. By bending these two contacts I assume that it made things to be a tighter fit inside the drone. I am so happy . Thanks to everyone that gave me some ideas as to how to solve the problem. Thanks Mr Mint

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: dirkclod

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+