DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery issue two green lights

GOrtiz817

Reactions
While charging my batteries one of them has the two center lights on steady green and the two outer ones off. When I place it in the drone it powers on by itself. Is the battery damaged?0704191257.jpg

Read the cell information for that battery in the app. It may show additional info to give you a better idea of what’s going on.
May not be a good idea to use it in the ac.

Reflash the firmware using assistant.

This usually occurs when the battery firmware write has failed.

Tried updating all firmware via the DJI assistant 2 and still the same lights remain lit. Just saw the above light chart, but unfortunately my light situation is not there. Anyone else with these two lights remaining on?

Tried updating all firmware via the DJI assistant 2 and still the same lights remain lit. Just saw the above light chart, but unfortunately my light situation is not there. Anyone else with these two lights remaining on?
Is your battery under six months old?
If so, warranty issue.

O
No, just had the drone a little over a year, and my DJI refresh had just expired, not even sure if it would of been covered.
OK - as a last resort (since you battery is useless anyway)
Try this.....

To fix the "middle 2 LEDs staying on problem" with Mavic Air batteries:

1) If you have a fully charged FUNCTIONING Mavic Air battery, skip this step. If not, fully charge a functional Mavic Air battery.
2) Download DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.5, and install on your computer.
3) Charge your malfunctioning battery(ies) for at least an hour. Ignore what the LEDs do during this hour.
4) While your malfunctioning battery(ies) is charging (or if it has just charged for at least 1 hour), install a fully-charged FUNCTIONAL battery into your Mavic Air.
5) Start DJI Assistant 2.
6) Connect your Mavic Air to your computer.
7) Turn on your Mavic Air.
8) Select your Mavic Air in DJI Assistant 2
9) Update your firmware to V01.00.0620. (The most recent)
10) Update the rest of your fully-charged functioning Mavic Air batteries.
11) After your malfunctioning battery has charged for at least 1 hour AND after you've updated your Mavic Air aircraft to firmware V.01.00.0620, install your MALFUNCTIONING battery into your Mavic Air.
12) Turn on your Mavic Air.
13) Update to V.01.00.0620. Your first attempt will likely result in a failure notice citing the reason as your battery not being fully charged. Leave that screen up for at least 1 minute. If the update doesn't resume installing on its own, click Retry. Then your malfunctioning battery will resume and complete the firmware update.
13) Your malfunctioning battery should now be fixed!

I gathered this from: Mavic air battery 2 middle lights on and doesnt work

The poster's signature was peacekeeper

1) If you have a fully charged FUNCTIONING Mavic Air battery, skip this step. If not, fully charge a functional Mavic Air battery.
2) Download DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.2.845, and install on your computer.
3) Charge your malfunctioning battery(ies) for at least an hour. Ignore what the LEDs do during this hour.
4) While your malfunctioning battery(ies) is charging (or if it has just charged for at least 1 hour), install a fully-charged FUNCTIONAL battery into your Mavic Air.
9) Update your firmware to V01.00.0300.
11) After your malfunctioning battery has charged for at least 1 hour AND after you've updated your Mavic Air aircraft to firmware V.01.00.0300, install your MALFUNCTIONING battery into your Mavic Air.
13) Update to V.01.00.0300. Your first attempt will likely result in a failure notice citing the reason as your battery not being fully charged. Leave that screen up for at least 1 minute. If the update doesn't resume installing on its own, click Retry. Then your malfunctioning battery will resume and complete the firmware update.

Hope this helps!

I gathered this from: Mavic air battery 2 middle lights on and doesnt work

The poster's signature was peacekeeper

2) Download DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.2.845, and install on your computer.
9) Update your firmware to V01.00.0300.
11) After your malfunctioning battery has charged for at least 1 hour AND after you've updated your Mavic Air aircraft to firmware V.01.00.0300, install your MALFUNCTIONING battery into your Mavic Air.
13) Update to V.01.00.0300. Your first attempt will likely result in a failure notice citing the reason as your battery not being fully charged. Leave that screen up for at least 1 minute. If the update doesn't resume installing on its own, click Retry. Then your malfunctioning battery will resume and complete the firmware update.

Hope this helps!
That’s where I lifted it from - but changed the firmware versions and assistant to current

Don't know if this means anything, but as soon as I place the defective battery into the drone the drone turns on by itself. It's happened every time I install the bad battery.

Ok, I did the last suggested option for the battery issue and I'm happy to report battery issue SOLVED!!!!
Thank you to all that help!

Reactions: Shon
This is happening to me too. When I try to update the firmware it says the battery needs to be at 50%. I tried to wait a few min and hit retry and nothing has worked. Can someone please help.

This is happening to me too. When I try to update the firmware it says the battery needs to be at 50%. I tried to wait a few min and hit retry and nothing has worked. Can someone please help.

Did you follow the steps outlined in post #12?

Reactions: The Editor
Sometimes it's just a matter putting that batt in the drone when it turns by itself turn it off and do this 3 to 5 times it will usually fix the problem..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada