DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Issue - wrong voltage?

Sethcbrown

Reactions
Im in Peru right now and when I plug in a battery (I have 3 brand new mavic batteries) - the 1st Led starts flashing And doesn't stop.

I'm thinking the voltage is off some how BUT - in the manual I saw nothing about the 1st LED blinking (only combos of the 2-4th that meant errors) AND whe. I plugged the remote in to charge that worked fine.

I'm using the default wall charger. I don't have the car charger with me unfortunately.

Thinking I wrangle up some kind of resistor but hoping someone
Has an idea that doesn't potentially explode on me if I wire it wrong.

Is it all the batteries doing this, or just one ? If its just one id take it back and get it exchanged for onev that works, could well be a faulty battery, maybe its been sitting around in the store and has discharged below a certain voltage and for safety the charger wont let it charge due to its low voltage.

With these type of batteries if your needing to ask about what type of resistor or some other way to force it to charge, then you really dont want to be messing about with it in that way, people have had injured themself/ burnt down their property by messing around with battery packs that use this chemistry

@Dw911 @dbyantis
Thanks guys - all three batteries were having this issue - I borrowed a transformer from a Canadian - which solved one Of the batteries, but the other two still had this error.

Then I realized I was an idiot and the reason I couldn't find a first LED error explanation was because there is t one - the batteries where so dead that it was flashing to indicate it was charging the first cell.

I left it plugged in and made sure it didn't explode and after 15 min the 2nd LED started flashing in what I recognized to be a normal charging pattern.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580