DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery latch broken

iMario

Reactions
Noticed this crack the other day. Battery has been used, I believe, 3 times before the last flight when I noticed the crack.
Wasn't dropped or abused in any way.

Do you think I have grounds to ask for a replacement? I have Care Refresh active.
9a734a1e27282a648ff350ddb2654814.jpg

Not sure but I think batts are not included in warranty.
Better check w/ them, hopefully I'm wrong.

Reactions: iMario
I would ask for a replacement under warranty. Get them on chat, and tell them it's defective and broken and you are afraid to fly with it (I would be). Hopefully you will get a reasonable rep and they will get you a new battery.

Reactions: iMario
I finally got around to opening a case with DJI, then send me the RMA and pre-paid postage label and yesterday I received a new battery.

Checked it, 0 cycles on it. It does have a little scratch on it though (that's what prompted me to check the cycles) and the shade of gray is a bit lighter than the other batteries I got with the fly more combo, but one cannot tell it unless another battery is sitting next to it.

All in all, I'm happy with DJI's efficiency.

Getting firmware update earlier today was another story. Had to use the Assistant to side-load it and then due to some mismatch in firmware and missing logs, had to reinstall the firmware via the DJI GO app. Everything's OK now.

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun