DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Lights Stuck On?

RallySoob

Reactions
I had my battery detached from my Mavic and pressed the button once quik like to check the power amount left in it and all 4 lights lit up but would not go off. Ever.

I learned it was a firmware update issue. First i put the battery in my Mavic and it automatically made it start up immediately without pressing the power button; not cool! Next i signed into the dji go4 app. After that i went to the battery options menu and turned the 'show voltage' option to ON. Went back to the device select screen and a pop up appeared saying a firmware update was needed in order to sync one or more items... i cant remember the exact verbiage.

Bottom line, the battery got out of sync somehow. Or i was in need of an update from the beginning and just encountered old firmware bug. This was a brand new battery that was charged up and used on my first flight with no issues. It was after charging it the 2nd time that this occurred.

Not sure if i initiated the update by going back to device select menu or if it was timing but if this happens to you. Put the battery back in your mavic, open your go app and atleast flip the show voltage option. Maybe it caused the battery to communicate with my mavic i duno. But your battery needs a firmware update. Maybe this even applies to every new battery you buy/install im not sure. I still got 3 more new batts to try tho

Note: after the firmware update, i now get full gps sat connection 17-19 sattelites when inside my house! Before this update my sats were 0-3 indoor and never above 13 outdoor. I never did any updates or calibrations on activation as i was not instructed to do so. Dji says not to caliberate until/if asked so i assumed it was same deal.

I'm experiencing this same problem, with a small but significant difference with a battery level under 50%, which unfortunately means that the device won't start updating the firmware. And, the battery does not charge so I can't bring it over 50%.

Now the options I think are: 1) Keep the battery connected and drain the battery with the drone turned on, and 2) Keep the battery off the drone and try to reset it somehow.

Help, anyone? Is there a way to reset the battery?

I'm afraid that if I let it drain now, it'll be a brick, as at least right now it does not charge.

Further information:
- The battery has two green LEDs on all the time, even if it's not connected to the main drone unit.
- The battery is responsive; if I press the power key, it sometimes shuts the LEDs briefly for about 1 second.
- Two other batteries appear to work fine.
- It's a brand new device and never flown more than the simulation. I did flip also some battery settings during the simulation, but nothing out of ordinary.
- The firmware has been updated yesterday, but if I'm not mistaken with another battery and not with the one failing now.
- And finally, the pack's been ordered from far away so I'd rather fix this now myself instead of sending it all back.

Thanks in advance!

DJI's Customer Service was very responsive and helpful and guided me through an update process with DJI Assistant 2 (Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads).

The battery's been updated and everything works fine.

Ps. After installing DJI Assistant 2, be sure to look for "assistant.app". The name of the app is a bit misleading after the installation.

I'm experiencing this same problem, with a small but significant difference with a battery level under 50%, which unfortunately means that the device won't start updating the firmware. And, the battery does not charge so I can't bring it over 50%.

Now the options I think are: 1) Keep the battery connected and drain the battery with the drone turned on, and 2) Keep the battery off the drone and try to reset it somehow.

I'm afraid that if I let it drain now, it'll be a brick, as at least right now it does not charge.

Further information:
- The battery has two green LEDs on all the time, even if it's not connected to the main drone unit.
- The battery is responsive; if I press the power key, it sometimes shuts the LEDs briefly for about 1 second.
- It's a brand new device and never flown more than the simulation. I did flip also some battery settings during the simulation, but nothing out of ordinary.
- The firmware has been updated yesterday, but if I'm not mistaken with another battery and not with the one failing now.
- And finally, the pack's been ordered from far away so I'd rather fix this now myself instead of sending it all back.

Thanks in advance!
So how did you fix it? I installed dji assistant 2... Now what? Killing me that I can't use my battery. Thanks so much

So how did you fix it? I installed dji assistant 2... Now what? Killing me that I can't use my battery. Thanks so much
It is a very straightforward process: open the app, allow all requests for connections, plug in the drone with a usb cable, turn on the drone, click on the found drone in the app, check the messages in the app for firmware update needs, confirm updates, wait for the installation, see the drone restarting, see the message for successful update, unplug the cable. This is a very logical sequence. The hardest part in fact was finding the DJI Assistant app after it's installation. On Mac it's called "assistant.app" with no sign of "dji" in the name.

Edit: And of course have the faulty battery connected to the drone.

I had this problem too, and found a solution which worked for me on the DJI forum as below;

I encountered this problem myself yesterday. I found a way to fix it, unless your battery is fully discharged then you are in trouble. This happens due to the user being lazy and not firmware upgrading with a full battery (like DJI recommends). So you'll need to plug your battery into the power supply directly, do not use the 3 battery charging hub. Wait 2 hours, then plug it back into your drone, then connect drone to computer with the DJI APP. The battery is already on so your drone should power up right away. Then proceed to upgrade firmware. If for some reason like me had multiple upgrades to go through, you will have to unplug the battery and restart the drone after every upgrade. Hope this helps.

And the following post also helped;

Remember it doesnt work using the remote control+cellphone+mavic+DJI4 only works using PC+mavic+DJI Assistant

Cheers

Further information:

Thanks in advance!
same problem please help
i dont have a mac

DJI Assistant installed on PC, remove props from drone as a precaution, put offending battery into drone, connect drone to PC using USB cable supplied with drone, follow instructions in DJI Assistant. DJI Assistant will update firmware in the battery and all will be ok.

Jouini, thank you very much! This worked great for my mavic. That was the second battery doing this to me. I had to send the first back one as no one told me that trick. it took DJI many weeks to send me a working battery. That made me uncomfortable with firmware updates. Won't fear them anymore.
again thanks!

So happy I found this thread! Had exactly same issue, all lights stay on after charging. I searched everywhere and this is the only place that mentions that it's due to old firmware. I'm curious how did you find out? :) Anyway after updating FW lights no longer stay on...

Thanks guys. This happened to me when I bought a new spare battery. I think it’s caused by the battery firmware mismatching the firmware of the drone. I solved it as described by the good folks above in this thread. I connected the drone (with the suspect battery) via the USB cable to my laptop and ran DJI assistant. It took me awhile to figure out that the same cable used to charge the controller can be used to connect the laptop to the drone. When I activated firmware check it detected a device mismatch and I ran an update which also rebooted the Mavic. After that when I charged the new battery fully all the lights went out on the battery as expected. Using just the controller and smartphone DJI Go 4 app doesn’t seem to detect the firmware mismatch as mentioned by Python in the thread.

Had a battery go all four lights on. Did what was said to be the corrective action above and now when I put any battery in, the lights go on when I start it, and stay on. They go off when I shut the MA2 down and seem to work fine. Anyone else have this problem? (if it is a problem)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60