DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery low Temperature allert

moshik

Reactions
Hi,

I went to spend few minutes of nice sunny day with the MA this afternoon.
The battery on the drone was charged to 25%.
I thought to set the flight parameters with this almost empty battery and maybe to do a 5 min flight.

After sync the MA & the RC, the Go4 App came up, but it didn't let me take off due a "Low battery temperature".
The temperature outside was about 74F, while the battery kept on its bag beside me on the vehicle.

For sure the battery temperature was in a room temperature.

Replaced the battery to another one and flew with no issue.
Return to home, placed the previous bat. and the Temp alert returned.
Trying to fully charge it now, maybe there is a reset process during charge.

This battery had only two charge cycles.
Any idea what can cause this alert?

Thanks
Moshik

Probably be the face that it was below your low battery level. I would never do anything with a battery at 25% other than download images to computer.
Be glad it would not take off. At low temperatures you could drop from 25% to 10% within a matter of seconds.

OP do as you said and fully charge it. If that message appears again at 74°, you got a bad battery.

First your MA was running too hot, now your battery is running cold. Hmmm. :)

Reactions: MavicMo
I charged it to 100% and the alert disappeared.
I don't know if it is due to the heating process the battery had during the charge cycle, will check it tomorrow.

Too sophisticated battery :-(

No, its a smart battery. IMO, given the consumer group who tends to buy AP drones as opposed to FPV drones, these "nanny aides" are much needed to prevent people from crashing their expensive drones and your case is a perfect example of why they do what they do... launching your drone with 25% battery life is not a good idea. And when you look at your battery reading when its just sitting there, not flying, it reads higher than it is. The minute you put a load on the battery it will drop... Thats why they tell you to look at your battery levels under a load...

I charged it to 100% and the alert disappeared.
I don't know if it is due to the heating process the battery had during the charge cycle, will check it tomorrow.

Too sophisticated battery :-(

Reactions: Former Member
No, its a smart battery. IMO, given the consumer group who tends to buy AP drones as opposed to FPV drones, these "nanny aides" are much needed to prevent people from crashing their expensive drones and your case is a perfect example of why they do what they do... launching your drone with 25% battery life is not a good idea. And when you look at your battery reading when its just sitting there, not flying, it reads higher than it is. The minute you put a load on the battery it will drop... Thats why they tell you to look at your battery levels under a load...

Hi MavicMo,

Thank you for your answer,

I don't agree with this approach.
If they do not want me to take of at 25%,they can alert with the correct warning, but not to send not true alert.
It is OK to measure everything and even to prevent takeoff, but send back the correct alert.

Interesting if it is a HW failure or a SW bug?

Moshik

I don't agree with this approach.
If they do not want me to take of at 25%,they can alert with the correct warning, but not to send not true alert.

Just because you dont agree with the approach @MavicMo uses, doesnt mean that he is wrong. In fact it's preflight item #1 on page 48 in the DJI manual. It's your choice to ignore it but not their fault if/when you crash and you wont be covered under warranty.

PREFLIGHT CHECKLIST

1. Remote controller, Intelligent Flight Battery, and mobile device are fully charged.

Check it out. It's full of wonderful information:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/Mavic Air User Manual v1.0.pdf

Reactions: MavicMo
Maybe we need a chant, or a song: “Read the manual” Read it once, read it twice, you’re going to find out what’s naughty and what’s nice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa