DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Maintenance

RH009

Reactions
I want to get the most out of my MA2 and FPV batteries, so I'm following the maintenance schedule that is part of Airdata UAV. When I do a basic maintenance on a battery and drain it to < 8%, how long should I wait before recharging it back to full? The Airdata UAV states to wait until the battery has returned to room temperature, but if I leave it at 8% overnight and then charge it back to full, will it hurt the battery if I quickly (same day) drain it back down to ~50% if I'm not intending on using the drone for a week or longer?
I know the batteries are designed to self drain to a safe storage level, but if I know I won't be using the drone for a couple of weeks, I'd rather just drain them down to the ~50% mark myself, and then store them. Just picking the brains of you more experienced operators and appreciate your feedback.

ETA: Will it negativity impact the batteries if I simply drain them to the 8% mark for maintenance and then charge them to ~50%, rather than a full charge, if I know I won't be flying for awhile?

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:
if I leave it at 8% overnight and then charge it back to full, will it hurt the battery if I quickly (same day) drain it back down to ~50% if I'm not intending on using the drone for a week or longer?
No

Will it negativity impact the batteries if I simply drain them to the 8% mark for maintenance and then charge them to ~50%, rather than a full charge, if I know I won't be flying for awhile?
No

Here are some other battery maintenance tips that might help:

Reactions: Geofff and RH009

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes