DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery management question from new Mini 2 pilot

kanjigirl

Premium Pilot
Reactions
If I deplete a battery during a flight and then won't be flying for at least a week to 10 days, do I need to charge that battery to 100% and let it discharge automatically (if that works, I've seen a lot of posts saying it's not working on these batteries)?

Do I need to charge batteries to 100% whenever I charge them? I would guess so, but would like some input. I want to make sure I'm doing things efficiently. I do have the batteries labeled so I can rotate them.

Thanks!

If I deplete a battery during a flight and then won't be flying for at least a week to 10 days, do I need to charge that battery to 100% and let it discharge automatically (if that works, I've seen a lot of posts saying it's not working on these batteries)?

Do I need to charge batteries to 100% whenever I charge them? I would guess so, but would like some input. I want to make sure I'm doing things efficiently. I do have the batteries labeled so I can rotate them.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Rotating batteries is a good idea. The method I use if the battery is not going to be used for a few days is to charge the battery up to about 60%, when the battery is on the charger, it would be 2 solid LEDs and 1 blinking LED. That would get you close to an ideal battery voltage for storage. That method has worked very well for me, and I haven't had a battery fail in hundreds of flights. I'll add that lithium batteries do best stored at room temperature. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Thanks! That's what I thought, but I wanted confirmation.

In the DJI Fly app, it seems to show less battery charges than I've done. Does it track charges done in the 3-battery hub vs. charged in the drone? I'm doing all charging in the hub.

I believe I read on this forum that if you charge a battery from say 50%, it only counts as 1/2 charge etc. I never run my batteries down to 0, so I’m in the same boat as you. If this information is incorrect, someone please chime in.

Reactions: kanjigirl
I believe I read on this forum that if you charge a battery from say 50%, it only counts as 1/2 charge etc. I never run my batteries down to 0, so I’m in the same boat as you. If this information is incorrect, someone please chime in.
You are correct Sr.

Reactions: manc54
We offer a couple of battery numbering systems for the Mavic Mini / Mini 2 HERE and HERE

Thanks!
Screenshot_20220313-131623.png
I love this charger tells the voltage
On the side . Percentage of charge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405