DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery mod, what am i doing wrong?

Yousuf110

Reactions
Hello guys,

I have done the battery mod, hardwired from the internals to outside via XT60.

I have used 2x 3000 Multi star LIHV as recommended in the battery mods thread.

But, even using 2x 3000 with the stock battery, i only get 28 minutes before battery drops down to 5%...

Am i doing something wrong here?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
When you add 2 batteries (which become a payload), you won't get a great increase in flight time.
Because of the wieght increase, your flight time will only be marginally increased (if at all).

It is normal. I use the same batteries and get a maximum of 32 minutes flight. The weight of the external batteries on the drone need a high current consumption.
A small tip: If you use this type of plug, I recommend that you to soldering up the copper bars with pins of the socket where the original battery comes in.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
hy guys i understand that you are trying to increase flight time but have you also considered the extra strain that is being put on the air frame not to mention the motors and electronics inside by all means carry on if you think it is worth it

hy guys i understand that you are trying to increase flight time but have you also considered the extra strain that is being put on the air frame not to mention the motors and electronics inside by all means carry on if you think it is worth it

Hi. An increase from 22 minutes to 32 is quite high. Also from 6 km (distance from home point) to 11 km it is good improvement. So I say it's worth it.

What's your takeoff weight? What voltage do you see at 5%
Also how fast are you flying? Optimal cruising speed will be around 50km/h.

My stock battery record flight.

I live in Germany and here is no day without wind. With stock battery tests I did not exceed more then 6500m from the home point and a return with 8% remaining battery.
I changed the P mode setting to 47 km / h.
The bird reached 11 km with a 6% battery return. Never fly below 5% remaining battery.
The battery setting is non dji, low battery warning is at 10.92v and critical at 10.50v.
Below 3.3 volts per cell i do not recommend you to drop.

I live in Germany and here is no day without wind. With stock battery tests I did not exceed more then 6500m from the home point and a return with 8% remaining battery.
I changed the P mode setting to 47 km / h.
The bird reached 11 km with a 6% battery return. Never fly below 5% remaining battery.
The battery setting is non dji, low battery warning is at 10.92v and critical at 10.50v.
Below 3.3 volts per cell i do not recommend you to drop.
Check your hover RPMs, then cruise rpms with zero wind. Try to maintain that RPM difference which means slow down into the wind and use sport mode with the wind.

You'll gain quite a bit by keeping your true air speed more constant. Streamline the battery mounting to reduce drag and keep the wires covered and close to the bodywork.

Picture of your setup? Bottom mounting the packs will also improve efficiency as they won't catch air from the props.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929