DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery on my Mavic Pro 2 Remote Control

Standuptommy

Reactions
I got a new/refresh RC from DJI. I have thought all along the battery on the RC does not last very long. I've had many Mavic 2 Pro's and RC's so I have an idea how long they last but not certain. I had charged my RC to 100 percent. I took it out and flew 1 full battery in 75 degrees no wind conditions. I suppose I was in the air like 20 or 25 minutes before I had to land. The RC from 1 battery was down to 83 percent. Can anybody tell me what they think and if this is normal. I don't think it is and I wanted to ask. Thanks, Tom

What type of phone, Android or iPhone? Androids draw up to 0.5A from the controller. iPhones draw less.

If its a droid and rooted you can make it use 0% of your remotes battery, they make an app with a single button press found on google play, that'll stop it from charging from the remote, but the app isn't 100% needed, if you have a root/terminal you can do it with a command you type in.

I got a new/refresh RC from DJI. I have thought all along the battery on the RC does not last very long. I've had many Mavic 2 Pro's and RC's so I have an idea how long they last but not certain. I had charged my RC to 100 percent. I took it out and flew 1 full battery in 75 degrees no wind conditions. I suppose I was in the air like 20 or 25 minutes before I had to land. The RC from 1 battery was down to 83 percent. Can anybody tell me what they think and if this is normal. I don't think it is and I wanted to ask. Thanks, Tom

I have the M1P and find they are similar in controller to drone time as M2 pilots I have flown with.
15% or so isn't bad for a battery, I have always found I can fly my 6 batteries, and still have a fairly safe margin left in the controller lipo too.

I do only fly my drone batteries down to 20 - 25% remaining as part of my battery care, with a very rare flight might take one down to 10 - 15% if the flight warrants it, but I do try and avoid doing that regularly though.

Generally I find I can keep a decent remaining level in the controller battery, as it must be similar in battery chemistry as the drone batteries.

If contemplating rooting an Android, Google it for your model and possibly the network first. It can brick some phones

Perfectly normal. RC is good for 4 flights minimum.

My RC (M2P) is more than 2.5 years old and seems to run down much more quickly than it used to. If it gets worse, can the RC battery be replaced, or would I have to buy a new RC?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada