DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Percentage drifting down!???

Nodak7

Reactions
I am sure that this must have come up in previous posts but I could not find anything related to it. I charge my batteries to 100%. Put them away and a few days later when I take them out to fly they are at 56% or there abouts. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Or do I have to charge them the night before I go fly all the time? The first time this happened I used the DJI multi-battery charger and thought this might have not done the job completely but this last time I charged them all on the single battery charger checked the battery level was indeed at 100%, put the cap on them, and put them away. Today they were all at 56%. A mystery! What do i need to do?

You did not mention which drone model you are flying. However for all of the DJI drones there is an auto-discharge feature to keep the batteries healthy. Generally you should not charge them before putting them away.

I would suggest reading the entire user manual for your specific drone as there is a lot of useful and practical information in there. The section on your smart batteries will fully explain the auto-discharge feature.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair