DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery percentage drop to 0 from 57%

cmpdlee

Reactions
Problem?
Battery percentage dropped off a cliff from 57% to zero forcing a landing. During forced landing, control of altitude was gradually lost resulting in a ditched MA

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
Huawei P20 Pro

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
latest

What Go app version are you using?
latest

See log here: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Skip to 7m 43s for the drop in battery.

Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone know what happened? I've attached a chart of the battery cell voltages during the flight. Minus the flat spots when signal was lost, does it look ok?

Attachments

• crash-battery.png
    crash-battery.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 50
FWIW.... and slightly tangential, I had a similar issue with an 8 month old battery for my M2P. Managed to lad safely at home point. When I removed the battery from the bird there was a mild bulging of the bottom of the battery. Didn’t look further. Relegated it to ground work only.

FWIW.... and slightly tangential, I had a similar issue with an 8 month old battery for my M2P. Managed to lad safely at home point. When I removed the battery from the bird there was a mild bulging of the bottom of the battery. Didn’t look further. Relegated it to ground work only.
That battery wouldn't happen to have a production date 8/2018 or older, would it? There's several threads on M2 swelling batteries, but one main one in particular.

That battery wouldn't happen to have a production date 8/2018 or older, would it? There's several threads on M2 swelling batteries, but one main one in particular.
Yep... read them all, literally.
The battery that failed (swelled) was produced in 2/2019... it had over 150 hrs of use... much of it in ambient temps of 100-102 degrees.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair