DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery problem during newest update.

Bryman

Reactions
I had nothing but problems with the new V1.03.800 update on my MP. Took me 3 times to get it and looks like I lost a battery in the process. I started the update the 1st try with battery level at about 75% (didn't notice until I already started the update). Still thought 75% would do it but I was wrong. About 30-40 minutes it said not enough battery. Started over with 100% battery. This time after about 40-45 minutes I got a below 50% battery warning and a battery connection warning on my controller. This time the 2 green middle lights on the battery stayed on and would not let me turn it off. It's been about 25 hours now and the 2 middle battery lights are still on and will not let me turn it off. I tried putting it on the charger but no luck. Anyone have an answer for me. It won't turn off or charge.
I was finally able to get the update today but looks like it cost me a battery.

I have the exact same problem after I tried updating to .800. Middle two leds lit, won't turn off. I tried charging also, no change. I also tried draining the battery by using it to charge two usb devices. Won't provide a charge any longer, but the middle two LEDs are still lit.
They do blink every so often.

Well it's been 5 days since my battery did this and the 2 middle leds are still on and also blink off about every 15-20 seconds. I know the update caused this problem. DJI if you read this please let me and Danno know what to do. I hate to lose a $90 battery because of the new update.

If you plug it in to the charger directly (not the 4 battery charger, just directly in) and lead a for a few hours does it accept a charge at all? If so, you should hopefully then be able to put it back in the Mavic and complete the update to the battery. Mine stayed like that while the battery was updating then went back to normal.

Try reinserting it into the mavic link everything up and try updating the battery software. It should only take a minute or two. Surely there is enough juice left in it to upgrade.

If you plug it in to the charger directly (not the 4 battery charger, just directly in) and lead a for a few hours does it accept a charge at all? If so, you should hopefully then be able to put it back in the Mavic and complete the update to the battery. Mine stayed like that while the battery was updating then went back to normal.

Ill give it a try.
Thanks

I tried to charge mine directly but still no luck. Today the 2 middle leds are no longer on. Apparently the battery is dead. I even tried the 12 volt charger. Nothing happens when I try to charge it. Really sucks that an update will keep a battery from working. This is my first negative feedback to DJI. I really think that DJI should replace my battery.

An update killed my battery on day one of owning it i tried for weeks to see if it would work it never did i still have it somehwere, Nothing i ever did got it back to life it just totally discharged and that was it dead

Try reinserting it into the mavic link everything up and try updating the battery software. It should only take a minute or two. Surely there is enough juice left in it to upgrade.
This worked for me... just update everything.

I tried to charge mine directly but still no luck. Today the 2 middle leds are no longer on. Apparently the battery is dead. I even tried the 12 volt charger. Nothing happens when I try to charge it. Really sucks that an update will keep a battery from working. This is my first negative feedback to DJI. I really think that DJI should replace my battery.
Yeah I was afraid of that. Looks like the software in the battery box also controls charging.

If under warranty send it back.

If not I would pop open the battery and manually charge enough for it to be able to complete the update possibly...

I had a message to update to 01.03.0800 and it failed twice. I then got a message saying inconsistent firmware. It then had me update to 01.03.0700 and it completed. My battery will not shut down or recharge. The middle two lights stay on and blink occasionally. I just emailed DJI support.

I had a message to update to 01.03.0800 and it failed twice. I then got a message saying inconsistent firmware. It then had me update to 01.03.0700 and it completed. My battery will not shut down or recharge. The middle two lights stay on and blink occasionally. I just emailed DJI support.

I was using my iPad and tried to update again, but couldn't. I then used my iPhone and it updated to 01.03.0700 and now everything works.

I just sent mine in.
I guess the key is to complete the update with a fresh battery and then put the hung battery on and it is supposed to re enable it. But of course that can't happen if the battery dies completely like mine.

I did try that Danno. As soon as I finish the update with a fresh battery I inserted the bad battery but nothing happened. I sent my battery in yesterday to DJI. I hope they don't charge me.

Just wanted to say thanks to DJI for finally sending me a new battery after I lost one during an update.

I also just received my replacement battery after it went stupid during the .0800 update.
I myself have not tried updating since then. (Still at 0.700)

I figure the update process has been so consistently poor that its just not worth the trouble.

Dang!

I'm going to start a thread about this!

All you guys have to do is download DJI Assistant 2, register/sign in. Put the faulty battery in the Mavic, connect it to the computer and update it. I figured this out on my own a couple days ago. You'd think DJI would tell you this instead of sending out batteries!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_