DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery problem..or not

Mordor

Reactions
Group:
Thinking to buy a second battery to my new M2P.
Then hit me that maybe i have to update the dam new battery with a recent FW.

Problem:
I do not WANT update my bird with latest FW....

Can i buy the battery and just use?
If not, can i put the FW i have installed, on sd card and just update the battery, like on p3?

Thank you.
Please: Don't came to tell me latest is better and all that....

If the battery needs a firmware update you will see a prompt in GO4 when the battery is powered on.

Your choice what firmware you use and which updates you accept. You won’t be grounded if you ignore update prompts.

But can i fly with safe?
At this moment i been ignoring prompts, and no problem....

To the extent later firmware’s include bug fixes and added features that improve safety and performance obviously you will be at a potential disadvantage.

DJI provides what is arguably a useless level of detail about what new firmwares provide so it is hard to make an informed choice.

Unless you have a particular reason not to update your probably better off with the latest firmware. I will, in accordance with your wishes, refrain from claiming the later firmwares have added features which I expect most would find useful as you seem intent on remaining ignorant of that fact.

I see. As a owner of a also P3A, i have bad experiences with updates. After 1.4, i did get more drifting and less stability.
After that i swear not to update any more....if it flys ok, dont mess with it.

Also, i still on vacations on other coutry, and do not want make updates, that can cause me problems or some kind of troble, since im not at home to quietly resolve the problem....

Hope i did explain a little the context.

Is it possible to see the FW number of battery on DJI GO app?
I can take the drone to store and see if new battery match....is it a option?

Is it possible to see the FW number of battery on DJI GO app?
No.

I can take the drone to store and see if new battery match....is it a option?
No need to do this. If DJI GO shows an "Inconsistent Firmware Found" message (like this) when using a new battery, then choose to update the firmware. That will ensure the battery firmware matches the current firmware running on the aircraft. It will not update the firmware on the aircraft to the latest version.

No.

No need to do this. If DJI GO shows an "Inconsistent Firmware Found" message (like this) when using a new battery, then choose to update the firmware. That will ensure the battery firmware matches the current firmware running on the aircraft. It will not update the firmware on the aircraft to the latest version.
Good to know. I haven’t seen that message with any new battery I purchased for the M2 however I haven’t updated past .100 firmware.

Good to know. I haven’t seen that message with any new battery I purchased for the M2 however I haven’t updated past .100 firmware.
"Inconsistent FW" warnings are always the battery and can safely be ignored. Never had an issue ignoring them and all FW updates! Updating to 1.03 or 1.04 will install a silent, undocumented Trojan Horse anti-rollback feature! Once you do that, you cannot use NLD! Buy NLD and use their 1.03 and 1.04 update versions that allow rollback at any time, especially if NFZ removal is important, as that requires 1.01.

Last edited:
Inconsistent battery FW warnings are always the battery and can safely be ignored. Never had an issue ignoring them and all FW updates! Updating to 1.03 or 1.04 will install a silent, undocumented Trojan Horse anti-rollback feature! Once you do that, you cannot use NLD! Buy NLD and use their 1.03 and 1.04 update versions that allow rollback at any time, especially if NFZ removal is important, as that requires 1.01.
Yep.... Re everything you said after the battery part. I needed the NLD NFZ removal feature when DJI decided an area was a towered airport and refused to help with an unlock. They have corrected it now but I don’t trust them not to make future mistakes.

Update:

Did buy new battery, charged 100%, and already fly it with no issues.
Always the stupid warning "inconsisten FW" but as always i ignore....

Thank you guys!

Update:

Did buy new battery, charged 100%, and already fly it with no issues.
Always the stupid warning "inconsisten FW" but as always i ignore....

Thank you guys!
If you want to get rid of the error, use another battery, or let it update the battery, but no reason to fret if you don't want to update, and fly with "inconsistent FW."

If you want to get rid of the error, use another battery, or let it update the battery, but no reason to fret if you don't want to update, and fly with "inconsistent FW."
There is a potential caveat here.

It wasn’t long ago DJI had major issues with TB55 battery and Matrice falling out of the sky. It is claimed that the issue was rectified with a firmware update.

We need to hope that any battery FW updates we might ignore aren’t issued with the intent of correcting a safety/performance issue.

It’s hard to know given DJI’s close to useless release notes that accompany firmware updates.

There is a potential caveat here.

It wasn’t long ago DJI had major issues with TB55 battery and Matrice falling out of the sky. It is claimed that the issue was rectified with a firmware update.

We need to hope that any battery FW updates we might ignore aren’t issued with the intent of correcting a safety/performance issue.

It’s hard to know given DJI’s close to useless release notes that accompany firmware updates.
Agreed! Fortunately, no M2 battery issues of that nature that I am aware of! I do believe the battery update is independent of the aircraft FW, and can be done safely without affecting the aircraft FW version. However, don't risk it, if you have reason to wait.

Exactly.
I do not want update the bird, then IMU then compass, and then.....everything go wrong.

Works, don`t mess with it.

Learn that with DJI updates long ago.

Reactions: Kinjite007
Exactly.
I do not want update the bird, then IMU then compass, and then.....everything go wrong.

Works, don`t mess with it.

Learn that with DJI updates long ago.
The silent, Trojan Horse anti-rollback updates are the worst! Beware!

Reactions: Mordor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929