DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery questions?

twickers14

Reactions
Hi all. Couple of questions re batteries. I have not yet fired up no.3 battery from my Fly More Combo-1 and 2 in full use. I do understand that as soon as I wake 3 up it is up and running and I need to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t go below 30% (I think). Would welcome advice on whether I might as well get 3 going and rotate. Also do batteries receive firmware updates like the drone and the RC and if so how do I update them? Would value input. Many thanks.

you would be better activating all the batteries ,and yes batteries do get updated depending on what the firmware update is about ,the battery that is in the drone when an update is being done gets updated if needed during the update process ,then you just need to put the next battery and if it needs an update ,then there will be a message on the screen telling you to do it ,just continue until all your batteries are done number your batteries and use them in turn so that you know which one is which

To be clear: it's not good to let Lithium-based batteries "sit" unused for a long period of time (even if you store them ~50% SoC). I try and fly/exercise all my battery packs at least once a month.

And - the last update a month back it took a couple of tries to get one of my batteries to accept the update. Controller hinted the update took, but it was too fast, so I rebooted everything and ran through all the batteries a second time and yep, the last one had failed to update that first run.

Reactions: twickers14
you would be better activating all the batteries ,and yes batteries do get updated depending on what the firmware update is about ,the battery that is in the drone when an update is being done gets updated if needed during the update process ,then you just need to put the next battery and if it needs an update ,then there will be a message on the screen telling you to do it ,just continue until all your batteries are done number your batteries and use them in turn so that you know which one is which
Sound advice OMM. Thank you. Will get on with it as advised. Just reminded me too to dig my Spark out which hasn’t seen the light of day since the MA2 arrived in September it must have an update due.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4ok3u2zmo