DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery running time

Eagle430

Reactions
Hello I want to ask how much flying time you get from your batteries?

I have two batteries, the older one is giving me 17 minutes and the newest one giving me 25 minutes (from the time counter reading on the remote control).
The one with the 17 minutes is not swollen or badly used, but due to the small time of flying to I need to replace it as a precaution?

you dont mention how many charges the batteries have ,but i would definitely replace the problem one, as it is obviously having a hard time with cell degradation ,which is preventing it from working correctly

It was used for around 20 months, don't know the charging cycles, is it dangerous to use it? I mean for example to drain complete during a flight?
My previous anafi drone while I was flying it at 38% battery level it just switched off and dropped causing a lot of damage to the drone, the cause was the battery

what you have to consider is the cost of a new battery ,against the cost of damage to your drone ,and as well the consequences if it were to fall from the sky
its a no brainer really

Battery has 80 charge cycles, anyone knows the max charge cycles of the battery recommended by DJI?

@Eagle430 ,unfortunately there is no hard and fast rule for the number of charge cycles a battery can endure, (200) is a number that has been mentioned in the past ,its all down to how the batteries have been used and stored
most of my MPP batteries i have 4, have over 200 charges on them and are now 4 years old ,they still take on at least 96% charge and i have never experienced any swelling with them ,of course in the UK where i live ,there are not the extremes of temperature ,HOT or COLD,that occur in other parts of the world as the seasons change ,i have always ,never taken any of my drone batteries below 30% during use ,i only charge them fully when i want to go flying ,and that regime seems to work for me,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+