BATTERY STATUS ERROR during FLIGHT !!

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by KONY, Nov 28, 2016.

1. KONY

KONY Well-Known Member

Hi,

yesterday i decided to fly my MAVIC once again. Weather was great. But i noticed some strange things regarding the baterries.

first, i have to say that all 3 batteries were full (or almost full) at the time i decided to fly:

-First battery : all went nice, i flew around 20 minutes then landed.

-2nd battery : after some 5-7 minutes of flight a message appeared on the machine : "battery status error"...

i remember that post about how MAVIC can fall like a stone if battery has some weak cell so i was in high emergency to bring the MAVIC back and land it as soon as i saw this message. At the time of landing battery level was still around 60 %

Then i checked in battery menu but saw all battery cells being green and HEALTHY.

Still i didn't take any risk and put the 3rd battery...as soon as i took off with that new battery, same mesage appeared even though the menu showed healthy batteries and the battery being almost full... i had to land the drone again.

then what i did is i switched off the controller (which i had already done after first battery incident with no positive result) , switched off the drone, remove battery..insert it again....restarted everything , even the DJI GO APP.

Then everything was back to normal...no more "battery status error" message...

i was even able to use and "finish" the second battery which showed that alert message first...

anyone ever had this issue ?

what could be the reason ? (in case someone asks , yes i always switch off the drone before removing/replacing any battery and make sure it's well in place)

2. No1much

No1much Well-Known Member

Not sure about the reason, but my very carefully treated, only flown 6 times ever, never crashed Mavic... had a "battery error" with 56% of its battery remaining. When I called DJI support, the lady suggested I charge the battery to 100%, then let it discharge to 5% with the motors on and idling... twice.

Not sure if it worked, though (sending my Mavic in because of a defective gimbal too soon to tell about the battery).

Vince@fwi and Clear Water WI like this.
  3. KONY

KONY Well-Known Member

ok thanx for the tip, will try this with my batteries...didnt crash it yet and surely will try anything to avoid one

what was your gimbal defect btw

4. mnobes.12

mnobes.12 Active Member

Anything further on this?? I just got this when I powered up the AC (I didn't get the message during flight), I turned the AC off and back on and the error was gone.

5. john94si

john94si Active Member

Like this?

Anthonyk likes this.
  6. mnobes.12

mnobes.12 Active Member

No, mine says "battery status error." you are getting the "over current discharge" error because you are probably going both sticks fully forward in sport mode.

7. flyNfrank

flyNfrank Well-Known Member

Check the firmware in the battery.

8. mnobes.12

mnobes.12 Active Member

Same as the bird and RC, not the very latest FW but the version before it.