DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Storage

Flake7811

Reactions
So I deplete my batteries to around 30% and they are on a 5-day discharge period. Is this right for my MP1 or should I be doing something different?

Reactions: BigAl07
When I charge up to go flying the next, but something comes up and can't go play, my batteries self discharge after 3 days.
The self discharge drops the battery to approx. 50% for storage. If it were me, I wouild get them close to 50 percent, say 45/55 %, if the self discharge stops at 50%, I would use that as the target.
I have the Mavic Gen I, but the same procedure can be used for any LIPO battery. Never store full, never store empty, go for 50%...

Okay. 50% is the way to go. Thanks :)
When I charge up to go flying the next, but something comes up and can't go play, my batteries self discharge after 3 days.
The self discharge drops the battery to approx. 50% for storage. If it were me, I wouild get them close to 50 percent, say 45/55 %, if the self discharge stops at 50%, I would use that as the target.
I have the Mavic Gen I, but the same procedure can be used for any LIPO battery. Never store full, never store empty, go for 50%...

So I deplete my batteries to around 30% and they are on a 5-day discharge period.
30% is okay if you're only storing your batteries for short periods of time. See these tips if storing batteries for longer periods of time.

While reading the Mavic Pro Battery Safety PDF, I kept thinking:

DO NOT TAUNT HAPPY FUN BALL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S