DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery too low to enter home lock mode Error?

Oakley75

Reactions
Anybody deal with this? No matter what the percentage is, it won't go into home lock mode saying battery is too low. It's getting ridiculous. Last flight was 58% battery and just a few hundred feet away. This is trying different batteries and using the go app.

Is "home lock mode" setting the home point ?

or are you talking about "return to home" ?

or are you talking about "return to home" ?
it's a mode that's been around since P2 days. It's called home lock, and there's also a course lock. It's not setting the home point, nor RTH

I must be the only one...

About the only thing I can suggest is refresh the firmware on the AC and Rc using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC, this might trigger a battery firmware reset as well.

Thanks i appreciate your reply. I've done that multiple times with multiple fw versions, along with multiple app versions. It seems defective i reckon. The mp1 had been the worst and most unreliable bird. Many other sketchy behavior/errors i haven't mentioned. Time to shoot it with a 12 gauge i reckon

Thanks i appreciate your reply. I've done that multiple times with multiple fw versions, along with multiple app versions. It seems defective i reckon. The mp1 had been the worst and most unreliable bird. Many other sketchy behavior/errors i haven't mentioned. Time to shoot it with a 12 gauge i reckon

What version of DJI Go4 are you using ?

What version of DJI Go4 are you using ?
Most commonly 4.1.22 but also 4.1.15 and 4.1.14. never used to be a problem in days gone by but lately, constantly. Since it's not firmware related and affects more than one battery, and didn't used to be a thing, I'm left to presume hardware failure? It's been the most unreliable and untrustworthy craft in recent times. Honestly.

I should probably try Litchi again really and see the results there but last 2 timess I did that, it had auto focus failures and I was done with it.

Most commonly 4.1.22 but also 4.1.15 and 4.1.14. never used to be a problem in days gone by but lately, constantly. Since it's not firmware related and affects more than one battery, and didn't used to be a thing, I'm left to presume hardware failure? It's been the most unreliable and untrustworthy craft in recent times. Honestly.

I should probably try Litchi again really and see the results there but last 2 timess I did that, it had auto focus failures and I was done with it.

Have you tried the latest versions of DJI Go4 namely 4.3.37 (android) and 4.3.38 (IOS)

I haven't seen the 4.1 version since 2017

No plans on that no. I'm speaking of certain versions that use to be just fine and suddenly getting this home lock error (not allowing mode activation). I will end up checking course lock additionally, as well as Litchi and report the findings. Either someone else may experience this or this particular MP1 has developed a hardware fault.

No plans on that no. I'm speaking of certain versions that use to be just fine and suddenly getting this home lock error (not allowing mode activation). I will end up checking course lock additionally, as well as Litchi and report the findings. Either someone else may experience this or this particular MP1 has developed a hardware fault.

Why did you decide to stay on the 4.1 version of DJI Go 4 instead of upgrading to the newer versions as they came through ?

If you have the latest firmware on the AC and RC it's probably recommended to use a more recent version of DJI Go4 as well, there have been a lot of bug fixes over the last years.

Last edited:
Reactions: kidroc
Personal preference you could say. The firmware and app version match nicely, even by official the release notes. It's just not the app, even though everything definitely has to be considered at some point.

Really I think it’s one of the best my 4 year old over 4000 mile mp1 is great still to this day!!

From memory, with home lock pushing the elevator forwards sends the drone away from the home point along the line connecting the drone and controller and this is irrespective of what direction the drone is pointing. Likewise and more signicant to me, pulling the elevator backwards 'brings the drone home'. One 'problem' I remember is that it worked only outside a certain distance from the home point. (20m rings a bell)
Naming-wise I get it muddled up with "course lock" but I like the feature I described even if I have given it the wrong name. I can't remember if the response to a roll command depends on whether the drone is in front of or behind the pilot

Really I think it’s one of the best my 4 year old over 4000 mile mp1 is great still to this day!!
For some reason, this one seems to be "aging" haha. Used to be great, but getting more and more weird problems that are making it untrustworthy.

From memory, with home lock pushing the elevator forwards sends the drone away from the home point along the line connecting the drone and controller and this is irrespective of what direction the drone is pointing. Likewise and more signicant to me, pulling the elevator backwards 'brings the drone home'. One 'problem' I remember is that it worked only outside a certain distance from the home point. (20m rings a bell)
Naming-wise I get it muddled up with "course lock" but I like the feature I described even if I have given it the wrong name. I can't remember if the response to a roll command depends on whether the drone is in front of or behind the pilot
I don't recall 100% about the pushing forward deal but i thought it was still freefly. But yes, it can't be too close it it won't work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair