DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery warranty/replacement

KtW23

Reactions
Last night I was checking my batteries to see if they were all full to prepare for a flight today. The one in the drone was full but the other two were at about 50%. I have each of my batteries labeled 1 through 3 and I noticed #3 felt slightly warm while #1 was ice cold. I haven’t flown in about 4 days and they have been inside a pelican case the whole time in my air conditioned house. I thought maybe I was just being crazy so I put them both on the charger. A few hours later I noticed they had finished charging but when I checked #1 was full but #3 had only made it to 75% (3 dots) not full and wasn’t charging any more. So I waited until the next morning and placed #3 back on the charger and it finished very fast to full. There was no sign of bulging and they battery was no longer warm.

When I got the drone they were all placed on the hub at the same time because I was unaware of the issue of bricking the batteries and I had no issue with them. Each battery has about 3-4 charge cycles on them all using the hub and this was the first time this has happened. Do you guys think I need to contact DJI and try to get a replacement?

Thank you and I am aware that the will discharge but I am more concerned about the battery being warm and not charging at first. Just want to make sure it is safe to use
When the auto discharge have started heat will be generated ... also it will take some time (days) to lower it to 60% from full. Probably the battery was to hot or that the auto discharge needed to be stopped by means of your first charge attempt.

Then ... it's no good for the battery to be laying around fully charged in 4 days ... try to minimize the time it's on 100% by charge it up just before you fly. Keep the battery between 40-60% when you don't use them ... pull them from the charger just when the third led starts to flash, then they should be just at 50% & they are good to be stored.

Reactions: ven
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest