DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery wont charge,mavic 1

Avfc

Reactions
Hi,left battery in drone for about 4 to 6 months,came to charge it today and it wont charge,my drone is two years old but only been used about 5 times,the other two seem ok,they was left in the charger hub,I forgot to take it out of the drone,is battery knackered or can it be bought back to life,any advice appreciated,

How charged was it when it was left.
At a guess the battery is now so discharged that the control board has switched a chip ("gas gauge"?) to open circuit. If so then unless you have access to the equipment to reset things, the battery is toast as far as you are concerned.
I have seen mention of some cheap means of resetting things (from memory youtubes and a USB device with perhaps soldered flying lead connections to the battery's control board) but I haven't tried them.. I recently lost a Phantom 3 battery to this.

Hi,thanks for the reply,seems I'm in luck left on charge for 5 hours and it as charged up according to the charger lights,will test tomorrow and update .which is the best way to store the battery when not in use for a while? In charger or taken out individually? Cheers.

The Air 2s manual states to charge the batteries every three months. Check your DJI drone manual for any specific recommendations. DJI batteries have computer circuits to manage discharge, ,but not to zero.

Hi,thanks for the reply,seems I'm in luck left on charge for 5 hours and it as charged up according to the charger lights,will test tomorrow and update .which is the best way to store the battery when not in use for a while? In charger or taken out individually? Cheers.
looks like you caught it in time, well done. Before trusting the battery in a 'proper' flight I would cycle the battery a 3 or 4 times in very low and close flights i.e. let the drone hover low and close for 20 or so minutes, let the battery cool down, recharge it, repeat and see how it behaves.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54