DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery won't turn off or charge

Chris Ryan

Reactions
Help! I just bought a Mavic 2 Pro Zoom last year and an extended fly package. One of my batteries is solid green on half the circle. I press the button (short then long press) to turn if off and it won't go off. I can't even feel the button responding to pressure. I powers the drone. It won't take a charge. Importantly, I can't turn it off or charge it up to 4. What do do? Is there a way to reset the battery?

I can't even feel the button responding to pressure.
It sounds as if you have a displaced or broken micro switch, or may be a displaced power switch board.
If you are up to it these batteries are fairly easy to open and there are several youtubes showing how to do this.

Watch as many youtubes as you can find because WARNING some/one are/is horrific, prising the case apart with a sharp pointed knife etc. DO NOT DO THAT a slip could stab you or worse a cell.

I used round ended spudgers. DO NOT rip the cases apart. From memory the outer most cells are glued to their respective case halves.
Aim to leave the cells in the lower case because the actual battery to drone connector is screwed to the lower case and the battery control board may be part of that connector, I can't remember for certain. The bulk of the cells will/should remain in the bottom half of the case but the top cell may move with the top half of the case. If so you will need to gently prise it out of the top half. Heating the top of the over-all battery with a hair drier may soften/weaken the glue holding the top cell to the top half of the case.

There is also a ribbon cable running to the power switch board, probably from the battery control board, I can't remember. "Ripping" the cases apart could tear that cable and or its connectors.
I will not recommend a particular video as each of those that I have just skimmed has something in it that I regard as unwise or unsafe.

I do not remember the cases themselves being glued together, I think they were clipped together but I could be wrong, It was some time ago that I opened the battery, it was dead beforehand so there was no loss, I recollect the case halves went back togerther perfectly.

It is probably an easy job to replace the micro switch and I would guess they are a readily available item from an electronic component supplier. Don't lose the swtch board screws, they are probably tiny.

I expect some people will say do not open the battery, I am not arguing with that, the choice is up to you, if you puncture or damage a cell it could/would be dangerous.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929