DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery.

MavicKhan

Reactions
Do you guys thing there will be an higher capacity battery in the future?

I can see how a bulgier format could be accommodated in the battery slot and I am sure that, for some users (...like myself...), on some sorties, endurance might trump performance.

If it is possible it surfaces in the future, it would have an impact on how many batteries I will be getting from the get go.

MK

I doubt you will see DJI make any changes to the battery that changes it's height or weight. Personally, I wont be buying a 3rd party battery, no matter the capacity.

I doubt you will see DJI make any changes to the battery that changes it's height or weight. Personally, I wont be buying a 3rd party battery, no matter the capacity.

Yes, I fully agree.
3rd party batteries, on a device like this one, are to be avoided.
I was referring to a possible DJI alternate, higher capacity battery.

Yes, I fully agree.
3rd party batteries, on a device like this one, are to be avoided.
I was referring to a possible DJI alternate, higher capacity battery.

Again, only if the physical size doesn't change. there is not a lot of room for growth. Changing height or weight will change the flight characteristics, and would more than likely decrease flight time. The fact they are getting almost the same flight time as a P4 on a smaller battery is near proof enough that the highest capacity for the Mavic is already here.

It can perfectly accommodate a hump ramping in all directions, with a shallower gradient into the direction of fwd flight.

The battery is located (...and probably mostly defines...) very close to the CG, so any minor change it would induce in the flight characteristics would be manageable by the software.

The flight time would be a function of how the additional weight and drag would impact on performance.

There might very well be a point beyond which the weight+drag would nullify any increase in battery capacity.

...but, then again, there might be a point below which that capacity increase might be worthwhile.

In addition, there's always the possibility that the conformal available volume has not yet been optimized.

MK

People are strapping all kinds of dumb **** to these mavics and they are flying fine. A higher cap battery would be likely be in the sub ounce area and would not produce any significant change in handling if any at all.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0