DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be safe if you hand catch

SeanOzz

Reactions
I made a video similar to this a couple years ago and thought I’d update it with the newer releases out. This one goes over three ways. Two are better than one. All are safer than driving a car though. Lol

Hopefully this helps someone not already familiar with the process and helps them do it safely.

Happy holidays and safe flying everyone.

BEST Ways To Hand Catch Your Mavic Pro Drone

that would be two, not three. i know math is hard though. lol

shared to the zoom guys because the zoom is in the video, also shared to my original mavic pro clan because; well, my 1st video some of them know was done with the original.

that still counts to two, not three.
common core math has screwed ya all up! lol

Reactions: WAXMAN and Niblett
Oh I may watch it then, even though I have no need to...if it fails to give any more insight into the way I do it, then I hold you to account of the missing post or TWO:rolleyes:
Edit; Oh Jeebus! I saw this ages ago

this one is a brand new update, you probably saw the original from years ago. sorry if someone pee'd in your wheeties this morning. i really do hope you have a better evening, specially with the holidays coming in quick!

Not sure why you watched it if you had no need to?
i guess though if you don't need to nobody else here would benefit from the info at all. so be it. ;)

happy flying and happy holidays to you!

Pull stick back, don't try and grab drone, let it land in your hand like a feather.
Please like my FB page

Last edited:
Pull stick back, don't try and grab drone, let it land in your hand like a feather.
Please like my FB page
i see this forum has changed a bunch over the years.
used to be a bunch of friendly drone people. :)

guess if it was people getting cut up by the props in the video people would be loving it. or at least lovin to bash on it . ha ha

merry Christmas to you as well.

i see this forum has changed a bunch over the years.
used to be a bunch of friendly drone people. :)

guess if it was people getting cut up by the props in the video people would be loving it. or at least lovin to bash on it . ha ha

merry Christmas to you as well.

Merry Christmas to you too. I am surprised by the number of hand catch threads there are. It is constant and it is so easy it is hard to understand all of the threads and then all of the pages per thread. It is as easy as I posted - don't grab the drone, let it come to you.

Merry Christmas to you too. I am surprised by the number of hand catch threads there are. It is constant and it is so easy it is hard to understand all of the threads and then all of the pages per thread. It is as easy as I posted - don't grab the drone, let it come to you.

yeah, i admittedly have not had a lot of time to be on the forum as i used to so was not aware it had finally caught on.

my first video on it a couple years ago helped close to 200,000 people.
so maybe this updated one was not something many needed anymore.

Reactions: Rich55
yeah, i admittedly have not had a lot of time to be on the forum as i used to so was not aware it had finally caught on.

my first video on it a couple years ago helped close to 200,000 people.
so maybe this updated one was not something many needed anymore.
Can't hurt when u r only trying to help people that do hand catch . All the best matey

Reactions: SpinItUp
Yeah sorry, I was appalled at the state of my wheat this morning.
Actually watched a few more seconds and found it was with no cows involved (at least the few seconds I saw).

I made a video similar to this a couple years ago and thought I’d update it with the newer releases out. This one goes over three ways. Two are better than one. All are safer than driving a car though. Lol

Hopefully this helps someone not already familiar with the process and helps them do it safely.

Happy holidays and safe flying everyone.

BEST Ways To Hand Catch Your Mavic Pro Drone
I am new to drones, this helped me understand what may have happened to me a few months ago when I tried to catch my Mavic Pro in an emergency situation coming back home with very low battery. End result drone went straight up and straight back down missing a friend by less than 10 feet and destroying drone. Thanks DJI refresh Care I got replacement drone and new found respect for the hobby.
Merry Christmas and thanks for taking time to post

I’m a seasoned veteran with drones and I’ve watched a few of your vids (subbed). I have been flying from boats for a long time and always hand catch when aboard. I find your vids including this update video on the subject very informative and well articulated. There’s always a small bit of info I find I can come away with that I didn’t previously know.

Cheers!

Reactions: SeanOzz
I’m a seasoned veteran with drones and I’ve watched a few of your vids (subbed). I have been flying from boats for a long time and always hand catch when aboard. I find your vids including this update video on the subject very informative and well articulated. There’s always a small bit of info I find I can come away with that I didn’t previously know.

Cheers!

Thanks. I remember getting my first Mavic and going out to sea on a dolphin chasing boat. The waves were not very rough but oh man when I tried to take off from the bow of the boat I was in for a surprise. That was the last time I ever tried to land or take of directly on a boat. I could say that moment started my hand catch and release practice on the spot.

Why hand catch and risk injury? Get landing gear and land the drone.

Why hand catch and risk injury? Get landing gear and land the drone.
Why put extra weight on your drone. Why not land it unless the circumstances make a landing on the ground a bad option. I really don't like hand catching but I would rather hand catch it than land it in mud. I certainly would not attach landing gear to it.

Reactions: SeanOzz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3