DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be very careful flying anywhere near Nellis AFB in Nevada!

I’d love to live near where they are flying! I’d be in heaven hearing those jets fly over all day!
I live directly under the flight path for jets launching and recovering at Hill AFB, Uah. Trust me, the noise gets old! I've lived here for 25 years now and I worked at Hill AFB for 30 years. I've had a lifetime of "The sound of freedom" and I can't wait until I leave this house and someone else gets to listen to it 5 days a week. I've already told my realtor we can only show the house on weekends just because of the noise. You can't carry on a conversation outside when the F-35s are circling overhead.

I live directly under the flight path for jets launching and recovering at Hill AFB, Uah. Trust me, the noise gets old! I've lived here for 25 years now and I worked at Hill AFB for 30 years. I've had a lifetime of "The sound of freedom" and I can't wait until I leave this house and someone else gets to listen to it 5 days a week. I've already told my realtor we can only show the house on weekends just because of the noise. You can't carry on a conversation outside when the F-35s are circling overhead.

I live in the flight path for a small airport myself. Here lately there have been exercises involving F-22s, F-15s, and numerous other fighters and I love it! I’m 42 and still run outside like a child and stare every time I hear them come over.

I remember when I lived in SE Georgia, 8 B-52s came over at tree top level, in a staggered pattern. You could see the pilots in the cockpit.

It would be interesting if someone who was unaware of the blackout flew in this area and was in the air when they shut down the gps! I can see a lot of crashes and lost drones that may have been in the process of a RTH event! Would DJI see this as a malfunction? (They would probably know of the blackout) and would they Repair a drone under the refresh plan ? I’m guessing the blackout is to train pilots to fly manually like they did before we had GPS! In case of a EMP or some other event that took out our satellites and other communications? It makes me wonder since I have a MPP if a there’s ever a loss of satellite will I be able to get it home safely? It’s hard to practice in atti mode since the MPP doesn’t have a native way to force it into atti mode without say wrapping it in foil to block the GPS signal. There’s a tunnel I want to fly in but have not practiced atti mode yet because I haven’t found a reliable way to force it. The foil worries me that it could come loose and cause a crash.

The most awe inspiring flyover happened to me when I was a kid... heard the plane coming, louder than anything I had ever heard, ran outside just as an SR-71 Blackbird flew over the house. So close you could read every word on the jet. Something I will never forget.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
They are in the middle of Red Flag 18-1, the first of 3 Red Flags this year. I love it!! To me the sound of freedom never gets old. I haven't flown since they started because of the GPS jamming but I have plenty of full size aircraft to look at in the meantime. :) There are Royal Australian Air Force E/A-18's, an RAAF E-7A, and Royal Air Force EF-2000 Typhoons here participating so there's plenty to see.

Reactions: Dw911
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser