Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beacon is the accessory I will leave on the M2ED almost all of the time

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
Yesterday, during the thermal testing, I had the beacon on the M2ED for safety as sunset was coming on. Wow. That thing is BRIGHT and makes it so much easier to see the drone. I've decided that's the accessory I'm going to leave on the M2ED all the time until I need to either switch to the Loudspeaker or lights. It's great that I can switch it on or off as needed. When the M2ED is at distance and a mere pixel in the sky VLOS, turning on the beacon (even in mid-day) makes it so much easier to see. It's nice that it also meets the FAA requirement for anti-collision lighting.

I agree. I also leave mine on as the default. Minuscule impact to flight speed and duration.

Hi RCdancer, I agree that a beacon is very valuable, and probably should have been built in to the Enterprise line. the problem is I might want to use one of the other attachments too. So I bought a little LED light which also meets FAA standards and which has its own battery and I can mount on with velcro. I think "Firehouse" makes one, but i got the one made by TopSun. This way I can still use the Spotlight or speaker.

I love that light . . you can see it a mile away . . literally. VLOS limit for me now is a mile. I did a test against the M2E strobe and a phantom with 2 STROBONs . . this comparison video is posted somewhere else on this topic but here's the link. It's only HD video (1920x1080) so it does not show really how obvious it is over anything around it, in virtually all lighting conditions. It's my go to kit for M2E and I'm thinking of having it welded on permanently.

Reactions: RCdancer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22