DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beacon Recommendations

TodayDee72

Reactions
I have an Air2s and would like some feedback on the best beacon to use. Keep in mind that when I fly I am often where there is no service (so those with cell service requirements won't work) and around mountains with elevation up to 13,000 feet or the Grand Canyon. RARELY fly where there is reception no matter what cell is offered. I would really quite a loud dB but not necessarily "impact" only. If it auto-lands safely I still want it to alarm since it is easier to lose RC connection in extreme terrain.

Probably weight of tag and effectiveness of tracking the Marco Polo has the best reputation for a drone tracking device.
The main drawback would be taking the extra monitor unit.

Price isn’t too bad considering a drone cost and footage etc.

Of course flying VLOS should be safe on most cases, not all flights would require tracker use, but certainly if you owned one it would be good flyaway insurance and peace of mind.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Most of us , have tried several types and been very disappointed with all of them.
Some pro types and other Pet types that just dont seem to be reliable in any way.

The best system I have found is a Colored Wet Suit or Skin with good visual of where the drone goes down at.
Than using the fine me feature on the phone and Spotting the bright color with another drone .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and be Recognized for a Rescue.

Most of us , have tried several types and been very disappointed with all of them.
Some pro types and other Pet types that just dont seem to be reliable in any way.

The best system I have found is a Colored Wet Suit or Skin with good visual of where the drone goes down at.
Than using the fine me feature on the phone and Spotting the bright color with another drone .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and be Recognized for a Rescue.

Good point, visibility is incredibly helpful.

Not only can you see a drone in a tree or ground scrub much easier, but add a good strobe light and you can really see it through foliage much easier.

The Firehouse Tech ARC XL is even more helpful than a normal strobe, with an audible alarm when there is no movement for 4 minutes.

Good point, visibility is incredibly helpful.

Not only can you see a drone in a tree or ground scrub much easier, but add a good strobe light and you can really see it through foliage much easier.

The Firehouse Tech ARC XL is even more helpful than a normal strobe, with an audible alarm when there is no movement for 4 minutes.

I agree and use the Firehouse TEach ARC XL's. Best of both worlds :)

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000