DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Beauty of Germany Drone/Travel video

FlyingFilmmaker

Reactions
Site
flyingfilmmakerpro.com
Here's the video from my trip to Germany a couple of months ago. The original plan was to drive through Austria and Slovenia to Croatia, but that didn't happen for various reasons and so almost all the footage in this video is from 2 days of shooting in Germany. Sometimes you've got to make the best out of less than perfect circumstances.

Shot on the Mavic Air 2 and Canon 90D.

Here's the video from my trip to Germany a couple of months ago. The original plan was to drive through Austria and Slovenia to Croatia, but that didn't happen for various reasons and so almost all the footage in this video is from 2 days of shooting in Germany. Sometimes you've got to make the best out of less than perfect circumstances.

Shot on the Mavic Air 2 and Canon 90D.
Very nice edit.

Very impressive shooting, editing, color grading… I could go on.
I will be in Austria and Germany soon and would like to bring my M2 with me. I am a 107 pilot and have 200+ paid missions, so not a newbie. Did you need to get special licensing (the German equivalent of a 107), to shoot the drone footage?

Very impressive shooting, editing, color grading… I could go on.
I will be in Austria and Germany soon and would like to bring my M2 with me. I am a 107 pilot and have 200+ paid missions, so not a newbie. Did you need to get special licensing (the German equivalent of a 107), to shoot the drone footage?
Thanks!!

You'll need to take a test from an EU country that is somewhat similar to the part 107, but without all the maned aircraft /airport stuff. It's 4 tests and a final test (all free) and if you fail one you can immediately take it again for an unlimited number of times until you get it right. I took all the tests without reading the material, then went back and clicked through it and skimmed for any necesarry info. There are separate rules for each country though, so I would just google drone rules <country you're visiting> and check out the UAV coach page (although it can be outdated).

Here's a whole thread discussing this including my experience over there that might be helpful. Traveling to Europe (Germany, Croatia) with my Mavic Air 2 (Tips wanted)

Have fun, it's a great place to get some epic shots.

Thanks!!

You'll need to take a test from an EU country that is somewhat similar to the part 107, but without all the maned aircraft /airport stuff. It's 4 tests and a final test (all free) and if you fail one you can immediately take it again for an unlimited number of times until you get it right. I took all the tests without reading the material, then went back and clicked through it and skimmed for any necesarry info. There are separate rules for each country though, so I would just google drone rules <country you're visiting> and check out the UAV coach page (although it can be outdated).

Here's a whole thread discussing this including my experience over there that might be helpful. Traveling to Europe (Germany, Croatia) with my Mavic Air 2 (Tips wanted)

Have fun, it's a great place to get some epic shots.
Thanks so much for your thoughtful response. I will check that out. Last time I checked, 2 1/2 years ago, Austria had some spendy 500€ annual license requirement. Since my Duetsche is seriously non-existent (except for ordering “eine Bier, bitte”, I will travel your path.

Reactions: FlyingFilmmaker
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+