DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Been grounded for a while. Two questions.

Lightsped

Reactions
Been grounded for a while. Flew today for the first time in three or four months. Everything went great but do have two questions.

1. The Mavic used to would send the still photos made directly to the phone. It didnt send the still photos today. I assume they are on the memory card. How can I set it up to send a copy to my phone gallery?

2. When flying, I normally had a map with my flight path on the bottom left of the screen. Now I have something called "mapbox". Mapbox is just a black square. No map. I tried to go to the map menu and select normal, hybrid, or satelite, but nothing would come up. Yes my Location is turned on with my phone. I did calibrate the drone compass too. Any ideas?

Thanks

I don't know what phone you are using, but for my Android tablet I have to change the date to 2017 for the map to work. Something about DJI not renewing an agreement with the map supplier. Remember to change it back for regular use.

In answer to #1, usually the images/vids are low res cached to the DJI folder, and you have to move them yourself to " a safe place" on your device, like the SD card. I don't think you can change that, unless a newer version of the GO app allows for setting the file path.
If you recently did an update to you flying kit, you should recheck all your settings, they have a tendency to revert all your settings to default. And make sure you increased the cache level to maximum you can go.

I am using Android. I have had the Mavic over a year. Until now, every photo made on the Drone would automaticaly be saved on phone's Gallery. I never set it this way, that was the default. Now I am unable to find the photos on my phone. I did go to the DJI Go App and look in there as well as my DJI/DJIGoApp directory.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143